Team Leader of Drama
This job expired on 7 June 2023
Start date details
from September 2023 or January 2024
7 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Dramajobs
- Main Scale/UPS
+ TLR 2.1
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative Team Leader of Drama who is passionate about teaching and learning across all key stages and sharing their knowledge and expertise with others.
The post offers the successful candidate the opportunity to join our popular and highly regarded school, central to our local community, and the opportunity to develop their career in our beautiful working environment, with the support of our large and dedicated team of teaching and support staff.
The appointed person will have excellent leadership and management skills.
As a Research School, we work with the evidence to continually develop the best practice and we are looking for a committed professional to join us on that ambitious educational journey.
What the school offers its staff
In return we offer:
- A school committed to the values of respect, empathy and politeness. The school has served the community of Wells and the surrounding area for nearly 400 years. We believe that by working together, we’ll succeed.
- An 11-18 school with a thriving Sixth Form. We are a truly comprehensive school which focuses on meeting the needs of all students.
- A commitment to your continued professional development. All teaching staff are members of a coaching group where they share best practice and work collaboratively to refine their pedagogy.
- Access to the latest evidence-based practice. As a Research School, we help teachers get ‘closer to the evidence’ through communication, training and support for innovation.
- A supportive team of teachers, support staff and governors who take great pride in their work and celebrate one another’s success.
- The chance to work alongside our amazing, positive and inspirational students who love learning and deserve the very best in teaching and learning opportunities.
About The Blue School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1500 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Blue School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
The Blue School is an 11 to 18 Church of England coeducational academy with over 1500 students. As the only state secondary school providing 11 to 18 education in the area, our students are drawn from the city of Wells and its surrounding villages and they provide us with a genuinely comprehensive intake. We enjoy a good reputation in the community and, consequently, we are regularly over-subscribed. Whilst being an academy enables us to have greater autonomy in the management of the school, we still retain strong links with Somerset Local Authority and work closely with other local schools. In 2017 we were designated a Research School, one of only two in the South West.
Arranging a visit to The Blue School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol