SALARY: SENDAT Support Staff Pay Scale SP4-6
LOCATION: Priory School, Mount Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP32 7BH
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Hours can be flexible.
28 hours 20 minutes per week/ 39 weeks per year
Monday to Friday 08:55 to 15:15
Includes 40 minutes unpaid break/30 mins paid lunchtime activity
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for Technician to join the Learning Support team at our Priory School provision. You will support in the preparation of practical subjects: Art, Food studies, DT Science by working as part of a team with teachers, teaching assistants and other support staff in the classroom or with very small groups of students, who have specific learning needs which cannot be met in a mainstream or other larger group setting. This is a challenging role, but incredibly rewarding as part of a team which works together to make a real positive difference to the lives of our most vulnerable students.
As part of the SENDAT, we offer:
- Staff wellbeing day – can be taken at any point throughout the year
- Access to a wide range of in person and online CPD
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and welfare assistance package with Simply Health, provides financial support with some things like eye tests, and therapies
- Opportunities to participate in Outdoor Learning activities including Duke of Edinburgh and Scouting schemes
- Annual subsidised staff residential activity weekend in Wales
If you would like an informal discussion prior to submitting your application, you are welcome to contact Sharron White:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks required for relevant posts.
SENDAT – welcoming diversity.