- Grade F, Scale Points 08-13 £14,255.59 - £15,740.07 Actual Per Annum
Thinking Reading Coordinator job summary
Thinking Reading Coordinator
Location: George Pindar School, Scarborough
30.5 Hours a week, term time only
Grade F, Scale Points 08-13 £14,255.59 - £15,740.07 Actual Per Annum
Start date: February 2022
‘Come and be #proudtobepindar’
Welcome to George Pindar School. We are a rapidly improving fully inclusive 11-16 school, proud to serve the community of Eastfield in Scarborough, with just over 670 students on roll. Since joining the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust family of schools in 2019 there have been substantial and sustained improvements. We are on a journey and everyone at #TeamPindar is rightly proud to be affecting change within our coastal community.
Our motto is #ProudToBePindar and we want all members of our community to strive for success. Our six key PINDAR values underpin everything we are working to achieve here. We want staff and students to be Proud, Independent, Neighbourly, Determined, Aspirational and Respectful.
Whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas. Staff wellbeing and teamwork are at the heart of our plans and we are proud that our school now has low staff turnover and high staff retention.
We are a proud member of the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust family of schools along with our coastal partner Graham School. The development of the whole child forms an integral part of our vision; we want the best for every student at George Pindar School irrespective of their background. We value honesty, high aspirations, mutual respect and resilience. We work together as #TeamGPS to ensure that every member of our community can strive for success.
We are looking to recruit a Thinking Reading Coordinator to join our team as soon as possible in February 2022. As our new colleague you will work with individuals to carry out the Thinking Reading intervention and be responsible for assessing and logging student progress throughout the intervention programme and to work in the Thinking Reading intervention room within the school.
Using agreed structured from Thinking Reading Programme the Thinking Reading Coordinator will coordinate the fine assessment of reading for the bottom 30% of learners in school using the fine reading test, identify a cohort of students who would benefit from the Thinking Reading intervention.
We encourage interest and applications from candidates who are interested in and would thrive in supporting pupils in secondary education which offers reward, challenge and where no two days are the same.
• Ideally have previous experience in this type of role or who have worked with children and young people
• Be able to support young people to better engage in education
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding
• Work well as part of a team
• Be happy to work in the community
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
• An opportunity to join a school that is rapidly improving
• Tailored coaching programmes within our supportive and nurturing network
• Bespoke training packages for support staff
• Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
• A high level of support from staff and colleagues within the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust
• Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Trust Board
• Improving schools which support students to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
• A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT.
The date of commencement for this post will be February 2022 and the closing date for all applications is Friday 28th January 2022 at 9am.
We actively encourage you to have an informal conversation with Garry who can provide any further details you may need. email@example.com or call 07814935700.
To apply for the post you will need to complete our Trust online application form by clicking on this link: George Pindar School: Thinking Reading Coordinator – Hope Sentamu Learning Trust (hslt.academy)
To get a feel for our school you are welcome to visit our website at George Pindar School, Scarborough | Part of the Hope Sentamu Learning Trust – #Proud to be Pindar (hslt.academy)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance satisfactory references and right to work checks.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.