Upper KS2 Teacher
This job expired on 2 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
September 2023 start date preferred (flexible start date subject to notice period)
2 June 2023 at 9am
19 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0FTE
- M1 to U3
What skills and experience we're looking for
As a member of the Barkston Ash family, the successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom teacher
- Set the very highest standards for themselves and our children
- Have an excellent knowledge of the KS2 curriculum and effective teaching and learning techniques to deliver challenging and inspirational lessons to our children
- Have highly effective communication skills and demonstrate a commitment to working collaboratively
- Inspire and motivate others
- Uphold our mission statement ‘With God’s guidance, we grow and learn’ in all aspects of school life
- Contribute fully to the life of the school and support our Catholic ethos.
What the school offers its staff
- An environment where every individual is valued and well-being is actively promoted, with initiatives such as ½ day devoted to wellbeing for all staff each term
- The privilege to work with wonderful children who are motivated to learn and demonstrate excellent behaviour
- Supportive families who care deeply about our school and the education of their children
- A welcoming team of experienced, dedicated, and ambitious staff and governors
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including NPQs.
Further details about the role
‘Pupils in all year groups are enthusiastic about their learning and proud of their achievements…Pupils in the school have developed a deep sense of respect for themselves, for others and for the school and wider community. Pupils and staff are very proud of their school.’ (Ofsted November 2022)
Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School is a fabulous place to learn and a wonderful place to work. Our highly regarded school is set in the North Yorkshire village of Barkston Ash, within easy reach of Leeds, York, and Selby. We serve the Parish of St Joseph The Worker, Sherburn in Elmet and our local community.
We are looking for an experienced and highly effective practitioner who is seeking an opportunity to join a dynamic and successful school that is determined to provide the best for its children, staff, and community. We pride ourselves on the enriching education that we provide to all children, where spiritual development, personal development and academic achievement are highly valued.
If you feel that you have the passion and enthusiasm to contribute to the ongoing development of our popular, friendly, and supportive school, we would love to hear from you.
We warmly welcome and encourage visits to our school by appointment with the Headteacher.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 137 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School is a fabulous place to learn and a wonderful place to work. Our highly regarded school is set in the North Yorkshire village of Barkston Ash, within easy reach of Leeds, York and Selby. We serve the Parish of St Joseph The Worker, Sherburn in Elmet and our local community.
Similar jobs nearby
Overthorpe CofE Academy
Edge Top Road, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, WF12 0BH
Brackenhill Primary School
Dracup Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 4HA
Barkston Ash Catholic Primary School
London Road, Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, LS24 9PS
Westminster Church of England Primary Academy
Westminster Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 0HW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in North Riding Of Yorkshire