Vice Principal - Bluecoat Wollaton Academy
Bluecoat Wollaton Academy is looking to appoint a Vice Principal for the school to lead on standards, quality assurance and help monitor the school to improve its process of implementation to yield high levels of impact. The post holder will help shape and drive the five-year strategic vision of the school and write the school’s SEF to monitor our work against our plans. They will work hard to ensure that all children in the school excel from whatever their starting point, working with other leaders in the Trust to share ideas and practice. This is a role where we are looking for someone who always wants more for the children that we serve.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for an ambitious leader who is keen to develop their skills. The Principal is also Executive Principal for the Trust and an Ofsted inspector. This means that there are some days when the person will be the face for staff, students and parents. They will also work with governors too, all of whom share the vision for the school to be exceptional in all areas to help secure the levels of social mobility that we want to give our children.
Some key areas currently assigned to the role are: Quality Assurance; SEF; Appraisal; Middle Leader development; research; delivery of the knowledge-rich curriculum; PP spending; CEIAG; staff well-being and line management of some subject areas. Training can be provided for areas where candidates are less strong currently and we are also keen to hear from great leaders who, as yet, have specialised in other areas but feel that they can identify with the plans for and purpose of the school.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant academic and teaching qualifications.
• A good honours Degree.
Essential skills and experience
• An experienced teacher with prior successful educational leadership at senior leadership level.
• Evidence of a commitment to personal professional development over the last two years.
• An understanding of current educational developments and a clear grasp of issues relating to education in general including the use of assessment packages (e.g. SIMS, Go4Schools, ASP).
• A clear working knowledge of how to lead curriculum development and manage innovation and change
• Proven ability to analyse data, evaluate performance and plan for improvement.
• A clear understanding of strategies for improving the quality of teaching and learning.
• Demonstrable knowledge of a range of effective classroom and behaviour management strategies.
• An understanding of the need to utilise school resources effectively, with an awareness of best value principles.
• Experience of Performance Management.
Please see job pack for full details.
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
• A CPL development programme that genuinely supports all staff
• A school with excellent behaviour and a visible SLT team
• Children who are eager to apply themselves and achieve
About Bluecoat Wollaton Academy
- Sutton Passeys Crescent, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 1EA
- Bluecoat Wollaton Academy website (opens in a new window)