Vice Principal (Head of College)
For September 2020, we have a rare leadership opportunity within a very successful, mid-size multi-academy trust. The Trust is seeking to appoint three highly effective senior leaders to join us as the Vice Principals (Head of College) at Leigh Academy Blackheath; the successful candidate will play an integral part in accelerating the successes of the school to date to ensure we are an outstanding provider of education.
Our successful candidates will be talented and highly motivated leaders with drive and commitment to excellence as well as strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders. You will be joining a supportive, committed and passionate team who work hard to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential. We are looking for experienced professionals who can demonstrate strategic leadership and excellent management, and a proven track record of success in raising standards, preferably in a non-selective setting.
This is an exciting time to join our leadership team. You will be expected to play a key role in developing the strategic vision for Leigh Academy Blackheath whilst ensuring that our students develop their potential, achieve academic success and develop our core values.
The successful applicants will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will have significant autonomy in leading a specific small school and will have management responsibilities for one or more faculty areas (this will be confirmed in due course depending on the successful candidate’s specialisms). Subject teaching expertise in one or more of the EBacc subject areas is desirable, but not essential.
This post provides an outstanding career opportunity to be part of driving our academy forward and to play a critical role in the next phase of the academy’s development.
We wish to hear from you if you are committed to changing our education world and are:
- an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious school leader with a track record of success at secondary level;
- a motivational and inspirational leader with high expectations of staff;
- confident and able to communicate a clear vision for the school;
able to develop children to reach their full potential regardless of background or circumstance;
- approachable and keen to work with staff across the Trust to ensure wide success;
- able to establish and develop excellent relationships with the community and other stakeholders.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Essential skills and experience
Experience teaching at secondary level and strong leadership skills
In return, you will receive:
- a competitive salary;
- an exciting LAT career path with opportunities for further progression in the future;
- the opportunity to assist in leading a growing academy to outstanding status supported by a dedicated academy leadership team;
- security and support on your journey from close collaboration with a small central executive and a larger group of talented principals to share best practice and innovation;
- development opportunities to work both within Leigh Academy Blackheath and across the wider Trust.
Application process: Naturally, we are seeking to appoint the best possible candidates and therefore the application process will reflect our desire to undertake all necessary measures to achieve this. Suitable and interested candidates are able to discuss the role with the Principal, Emma Smith, by arranging a telephone call or a visit. To schedule an appointment please contact Helaina English, Office Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit an application in full, please do so online via the ‘apply for job’ button at the bottom of the page.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 29th January 2020 at midnight. Interviews and assessment activities will take place on Tuesday 4th February 2020. If you have any queries on any aspect of the application process or need additional information please contact Olivia Couzins (Head of Recruitment) on 01634 412 240 or email@example.com.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognize that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
All roles within the Trust are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, in addition to other pre-employment checks, to ensure we are compliant with the Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance.
About Leigh Academy Blackheath
- Old Dover Road, London, SE3 8SY
- Free School