Vice Principal - Inclusion
This job expired on 19 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
19 April 2023 at 11:59pm
22 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- TSAT Leadership Scale (L19-L23) - £70,037 - £77,224 Per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
We have an exciting vacancy for a Vice Principal to join us at Plympton Academy to lead on Inclusion. You will have a strategic overview of behaviour, attitudes, attendance, admissions and SEND.Working as part of the Senior Leadership Team and staff you will develop an inclusive, tolerant and positive culture in our Academy. You will be a key stakeholder in developing an ethos of high expectations for staff and students. You will also be leading on ensuring student welfare, attendance and inclusion is a priority for all staff.
Your new role:
For a full list of roles, responsibilities and the person specification please view the attached job description.
- You will have an exemplary and proven track record of leading on aspects of Academy improvement
- With the Principal, you will develop an ethos and culture of high expectations, inclusion, challenge and support that promotes good behaviour, attendance and welfare throughout the Academy
- You will take ownership of the Academy’s inclusion, behaviour, attendance and admissions policies and ensure staff fully understand and implement policy consistently
- Ensure outside agencies are engaged, as appropriate, to support identified students
- Provide professional leadership and management at a strategic level for the academy including developing and implementing policies and practices
- Establish a firm foundation from which high standards in all areas of the academy’s work are attainable
- You will hold QTS status and hold relevant safeguarding and inclusion experience and or qualifications. For a full person specification please see the attached JD and person specification.
What the school offers its staff
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme.We work collaboratively with the best academies locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. Plympton Academy is an academy for the local community, and we seek opportunities for students to develop as local citizens and serve and support our surrounding charities, industries and families.We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. We are focused on providing an education for all.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the academy and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Plympton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1096 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Plympton Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme. We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
Arranging a visit to Plympton Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Regional Director of Education
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
Park Crescent, Chatham, ME4 6NR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Plymouth and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay