We are looking to appoint Work Related Learning Teaching Assistants who will work within a class team. Candidates should ideally have experience of working with children with special needs.
Split over three main sites with additional Satellite provisions, Phoenix supports young people aged between 3 and 19. We are an award-winning and “Outstanding” school (Ofsted, Nov 2018) accredited through the National Autistic Society and praised for our creative approaches. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people.
• To plan and deliver work related learning opportunities for students who are on the autism spectrum in a KS5 class, coaching and mentoring them to fulfil their potential.
• To liaise with the teacher and develop students coping strategies and resilience to support them to confidently work in new environments and with new people.
• To monitor the health and safety of students on work placements/during activities and develop students’ autonomy around this.
• To make reasonable adjustment and scaffold students to carry out work tasks with greater independence and increase their confidence in the workplace.
• Work with the class teacher to plan and prepare appropriate visuals and resources for work related learning sessions.
• Respond to the pupil’s specific communication needs adapting your level of language and using appropriate visual support.
• Keep daily work-related learning data on every pupil to track progress over time and to assess/plan next work-related learning opportunity.
• Work with class teacher to collate the end of term work- related and accreditation data.
• Contribute to students' vocational profile.
• To support the school mission, vision, values and strategic objectives.
The school will provide induction, training and career progression opportunities.
The post would suit an energetic and creative professional who islooking to make a difference to the lives of young
people with autism and complex needs as well as furthering their own professional development.
How to apply:
The application form can be found on the School website www.phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk and TES
Please return completed application form to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 9am Friday 16th February 2024
Shortlisting Date: Monday 19th February 2024
Interviews & Assessment Date: Thursday 29th February 2024
It will not be possible to re-arrange these dates.
If you are intending to apply, please ensure you are available to attend for an interview.
If you would like to discuss the post or visit please contact
Jude Donoghue firstname.lastname@example.org
The Governing Body of the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and staff. The Executive Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following all safeguarding guidance and regulations. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS clearance. All of the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection policies are available on the school's website. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
This job post has expired.