13 days remaining to apply
Start date details
1st September 2023
19 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time teacher
- AAT Teacher MSC 1 – UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
Who are we looking for?
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Good organisational and motivational skills to support pupils of all abilities and needs.
Our mantra ‘High Expectations lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy, whatever their role and we place a high emphasis on staff well-being.
What the school offers its staff
What can we offer?
- Very visible and approachable senior leadership team.
- Real opportunities for career progression – our culture is very much to ‘promote from within’.
- One day a year ‘off timetable’ provided in the summer term for subject teachers who mark for exam boards.
- Collaborative planning across the Trust with departments in different academies able to share resources and moderation linked by Microsoft Teams.
- A lesson visit schedule that is published one year in advance.
- A performance management process that is focused on three targets only: Subject knowledge, teaching and learning and either a departmental or whole school responsibility target regardless of your level of responsibility.
- Very flexible child-care arrangements - we are a very family friendly academy and really do understand how hard it can be juggling family life and work at times.
- Meetings for subject teachers only twice each half term.
- Reporting to parents only three times a year and no requirement for written comments. No formally graded lesson observations – the emphasis is on coaching and sharing practice.
We are a truly comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior leader.
Applications are welcome from candidates with all levels of experience, including NQT’s. The school offers an excellent progression programme.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Wey Valley Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 932 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wey Valley Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Wey Valley Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
East Stoke, Stoke-sub-Hamdon, Somerset, TA14 6UG
Buckler's Mead School
1 St. Johns Road, Yeovil, BA21 4NH
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Dorset, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole