Who are we looking for?
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Good organisational and motivational skills to support pupils of all abilities
Our mantra ‘High Expectations
lead to High Achievers’ applies to everyone who is involved in the academy,
whatever their role and we place a high emphasis on staff well-being.
What can we offer?
- Very visible and approachable senior leadership team.
- Real opportunities for career
progression – our culture is very much to ‘promote from within’.
- One day a year ‘off timetable’ provided in the summer term for subject teachers
who mark for exam boards.
- Collaborative planning across the Trust with departments in different academies
able to share resources and moderation linked by Microsoft Teams.
- A lesson visit schedule that is published one year in advance.
- A performance management process that is focused on three targets only: Subject
knowledge, teaching and learning and either a departmental or whole school
responsibility target regardless of your level of responsibility.
- Very flexible child-care arrangements - we are a very family friendly academy
and really do understand how hard it can be juggling family life and work at
- Meetings for subject teachers only twice each half term.
- Reporting to parents only
three times a year and no requirement for written comments. No formally graded
lesson observations – the emphasis is on coaching and sharing practice.
We are a truly
comprehensive school located in the heart of our community. There are high
levels of respect, support and kindness across our staff team and senior
Applications are welcome from
candidates with all levels of experience, including NQT’s. The school offers an
excellent progression programme.
This job post has expired.