Assistant Head of Year 7 with the ability to teach Science, French or Food
This job expired on 22 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Biologyjobs, View all Chemistryjobs, View all Food Technologyjobs, View all Frenchjobs, View all Physicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.43 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- Teachers' MPS to UPS (£28,000 to £43,685)
What skills and experience we're looking for
As a result of increasing student numbers, and our Year 7 cohort for September 2023 being significantly oversubscribed, we are looking to expand our staff team at Court Fields School at this exciting time.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspiring Assistant Head of Year 7 with the ability to teach Science, French or Food.
Court Fields’ staff and students are committed to providing a school at the heart of the community, where every child, regardless of background, achieves well, feels they belong and fully participates in school life to develop character and the resilience to succeed. We are very active in our local community and work highly successfully with parents, employers, further education providers and external agencies.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated, proactive and hardworking, with vision and values that align with ours, and an absolute moral imperative to change the lives of young people.
You will be joining an ambitious, committed and hardworking team of staff who offer amazing support, both in an academic and pastoral sense and are relentless in their drive to make a genuine difference to and lasting impact on our young people, families and the wider community.
What the school offers its staff
- Support/collaboration across the Trust with the opportunity for peer support and promotion
- Excellent pension scheme
- Free parking
- Delicious, affordable meals and snacks from our canteen
- A comprehensive and supportive CPD programme
- A varied and exciting mix of enrichment clubs to get involved in
- Work for an inspiring school with a fantastic reputation in the local community, ensuring that Court Fields provides the very best for every child
Further details about the role
What you can expect from us:
- Fabulous students who are motivated, interested, keen to learn and enthusiastic
- A trusting partnership with supportive parents.
- An outstanding ethos where students achieve, have a strong sense of belonging and participate in learning, enrichment and the community.
- A structured programme of targeted, whole school or bespoke professional development.
- A high quality curriculum, developed across our Trust, with a commitment to a programme of school improvement.
- A range of career opportunities for career development and progression within the Trust.
- Opportunities to work with and in other schools.
- Friendship, support and interaction with a vibrant and caring staff team with a commitment to improving children’s lives.
- Strong leadership, a culture of high expectation and clarity of strategic school development.
- The chance to be part of a sustainable project, with a focus on high quality education, ambition for every child and supportive staff.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Court Fields School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 755 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Court Fields School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01823 664201
Court Fields School has nearly 800 students on roll and is an 11-16 fully comprehensive secondary school. Our 3 values of ‘Achieve, Belong and Participate’ drive all that we do. At Court Fields School our priority is our students: their academic and pastoral outcomes. We focus on high quality teaching and learning and promote a climate of success and achievement for every student. We have a passion for and a commitment to the core purpose of education and focus relentlessly on each student’s right to the very best provision. We are committed to fostering self-confidence, enthusiasm, perseverance and integrity. We continue to work relentlessly to support students to achieve academic success, develop their creativity and excel. We provide a positive learning environment where students encounter a wide range of experiences safely, encouraged by a team of dedicated and highly experienced professionals. Our vibrant learning community, coupled with a culture of high standards and high expectations brings out the best in every student, supports ambition and establishes secure foundations for the future. Court Fields is an inspiring place to work. Having already made significant improvements over the last 2 years, it is an exciting time to join our team. Our staff, students, parents/carers and community are proud of the school, support its journey, and are committed to ensuring that Court Fields provides the very best for every child. Staff at all levels have a strong visible presence within the school and both students and staff are responsive to one another. If there is a problem, we will take any action quickly and fairly. There must be no child invisible at The Castle Partnership Trust and incidents are dealt with quickly and effectively, so that children know and trust that we will take care of things and will go the extra mile with them. We are also committed to widening participation so that every child participates in learning and enrichment. All members of the school community are expected to pursue these aims.
Arranging a visit to Court Fields School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol