Assistant Head Teacher (Inclusion)
This job expired on 23 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 March 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - The post is full-time 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £58,501 to £63,737
- Leadership Scale: L6 to L10
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated Inclusion and SEND specialist to join our Strategic Leadership Team (SLT). The successful candidate will ensure that inclusive practice is developed to promote the highest standards of pupil achievement for all and must be passionate and driven in providing high quality education to pupils with SEND.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is an innovative and inspirational leader with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Has a proven track record of SENCO experience and safeguarding knowledge in a diverse primary school setting
- Knows what excellence looks like and can ambitiously support us in the next phase of our journey
- Can contribute to management decisions on all aspects of policy, strategy, development and organisation
- Can articulate the school vision, values, aims and priorities
- Will join the Leadership Team and assist in formulating appropriate provision for vulnerable pupils and those with SEND, enabling all pupils to access the curriculum
- Can lead on purposeful CPD to develop the wider staff team
- Is good at building rapport with children, parents, staff and governors to create an inclusive and aspirational learning culture for all
- Will ensure that strategic planning takes account of the diversity, values and experiences of the school and the community at large
- Exudes enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
What the school offers its staff
John Perry is a 3 form entry Primary School with Additional Resource Provision for which the School has been praised for its inclusive work. The School is vibrant and rewarding place to teach. The most recent Ofsted inspection (December 2018) rating as "Good" show that:
- The school provides a safe and secure environment for pupils.
- Pupils are rightly proud of their school, enjoy positive relationships with their teachers and make good progress.
- Pupils are extremely welcoming to visitors to the school and are keen to talk about their learning.
- As response to feedback, one parent wrote, ‘I don’t have a single negative thing to say about this school. My children adore this school, as do I.’
We aim to ensure that every child succeeds to the best of their ability and receives a broad and balanced education which fosters a love of learning for life. Creativity, inclusion and great learning are what we promote and deliver. We are committed to continuous improvement and developing a sense of shared purpose across our school community. Our School is very well resourced with specialist music teachers, Smart boards in every classroom with iPads and laptops for every year group. Children benefit from our heated swimming pool, two very large playgrounds and grass playing fields, as well as separate outdoor Nursery and Reception learning areas. Children enjoy freshly cooked lunches with a wide variety of healthy options, prepared by our highly trained catering staff. We work in close partnership with primary and secondary schools in our immediate community of Dagenham.
The school is situated in Dagenham and a five minute walk will get you to Dagenham East Tube station on the District Line. We offer free onsite parking for all our staff.
Further details about the role
We provide training, support and career opportunities to teachers at all stages of career progression, from Early Career Teachers, to Subject Leads through to Middle and Senior Leaders. We are always looking to develop future leaders. If you would like to be part of a diverse, creative and innovative staff team who is committed to make a difference to children’s lives, then our school is the place for you. We can offer you a career pathway with challenge and opportunity.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About John Perry Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 603 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- John Perry Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to John Perry Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Sedley's Church of England Primary School
Church Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA13 9NR
Harris Primary Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Harris Primary Academy East Dulwich
173 Lordship Lane, London, SE22 8HA
St John Fisher Catholic Primary School
Burney Drive, Loughton, Essex, IG10 2DY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Barking and Dagenham and Essex, Southend and Thurrock