|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£46,457 - £51,310 L6 - L7|
We are seeking a dynamic Assistant Headteacher who is resilient, adaptable, positive and has a good sense of humour to join our Senior Leadership Team at Avalon School.
There will be a teaching commitment to this role of up to 2 days. This will be flexible to meet the needs of the school in addition to the requirements below:
• Work with the Headteacher to review, design and monitor the Curriculum across the phases within the school
• Collect, collate and analyse baseline, data assessment and accreditation information and use this to set realistic but challenging targets
• Oversee Preparation for Adulthood and Careers within the school.
• Be responsible for the timetabling across the school
• Monitor teaching and learning across the school including carrying out learning walks, scrutiny of work and leading moderation
• Monitoring curriculum interventions and their impact
• Support the senior leadership team to become outward facing
• Act as a DSL (Designated Safeguarding Lead) for the school working closely with the Safeguarding team and multi-agencies.
• Be a member of the Senior Leadership team.
• Be enthusiastic and energetic and promote the school within the community.
Applying for the job
Please apply using the link to DASMore on how to apply
- JD & PS.pdf  1.42 MB
|School type||Special school|
|School size||58 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Avalon School website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||01458 443081|
About Avalon School
Avalon is a Specialist School for students aged 11-19 situated in the town of Street. Our school vision is ‘Learning for Life’ – together with our parents and the learners themselves - we aim to teach skills for the whole of life.
Arranging a visit to Avalon School
Visits to the school are encouraged, we can provide PPE for prospective candidates who would like to visit. Please phone the office at Avalon School to arrange this on 01458 443081
If you would like more information regarding the role please speak to Helen Farnell the EHT at Avalon School on 01458 443081
Brooks Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0PS
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed