We are seeking a part time dynamic Assistant Headteacher who is resilient, adaptable & positive There will be a teaching commitment to this role of up to 0.5 days. This will be flexible to meet the needs of the school in addition to the requirements below:
• Work with the Headteacher to oversee the Annual review process for Education Health and Care Plans.
• Act as the Designated Teacher for the school.
• Support the Headteacher to oversee Personal Development and monitoring behaviour within the school.
• Oversee the Pupil Premium, Bursary and Year 7 Catch up funding.
• Supporting the leadership team with monitoring teaching and learning, including book scrutiny and moderation.
• Attend TAC, CIN meetings and liaise with multi-agencies and oversee the work of the PFSA.
• Support the senior leadership team to be come outward facing.
• Act as a DDSL (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead) for the school working closely with the Safeguarding team and multi-agencies.
• Be a member of the Senior Leadership team.
• Be enthusiastic and energetic and promote the school within the community.
Avalon is a Specialist School for students aged 11-19 situated in the town of Street. Our school vision is ‘Learning for Life’ – together with our parents and the learners themselves - we aim to teach skills for the whole of life.
Arranging a visit to Avalon School
Visits to the school are encouraged, we can provide PPE for prospective candidates who would like to visit. Please phone the office at Avalon School to arrange this on 01458 443081
If you would like more information regarding the role please speak to Helen Farnell the EHT at Avalon School on 01458 443081