Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion including SEND)
Required for January 2020.
Allestree Woodlands School is seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to lead the direction and development of inclusion and SEN provision.
This vacancy offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be a significant part of the strategic leadership of the school. The governors, staff, students and parents/carers are committed to continuing to serve our community by continuing to develop aspiration and achievement for all within our inclusive, friendly school community. If you feel you could contribute to this vision, we would be very pleased to receive your application.
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of inclusion and SEND
• Be passionate about the power of high quality education
• Be able to deliver high quality learning
• Be able to inspire and motivate students and staff to aspire to great things and achieve their best
• Be a highly effective leader and team player who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have high levels of motivation and commitment
The successful applicant will join a committed, collaborative, forward thinking and successful team. The school offers a personally and professionally supportive environment.
Essential educational requirements
Further qualifications/Higher degree
Qualified teacher status.
Evidence of recent professional development.
SENCO award (complete or underway).
Essential skills and experience
Teaching experience in an 11-18 school in the last 5 years.
Experience in more than one school or educational setting.
Team leadership in school for at least 3 years.
Management of student progress and behaviour .
School self review and evaluation.
Leadership of development and improvement within SEND
About Allestree Woodlands School
- Blenheim Drive, Derby, Derbyshire, DE22 2LW
- Allestree Woodlands School website (opens in a new window)