St Clement Danes School, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 6EW
This job expired on 18 October 2021
Expected start date
19 April 2022
18 October 2021 at 9:00am
4 October 2021
L12 - L16 Range £56,506 - £62,333
ST CLEMENT DANES SCHOOL
Leadership Pay Scale: L12 – L16 (Fringe Area)
Required from Easter 2022
We are seeking to appoint a talented, positive and forward-thinking Assistant Headteacher to join our Leadership Team. Our successful candidate will offer creativity and imagination with the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students; combining professional integrity with high expectations of their self and others.
Flexibility exists to shape the position according to the successful candidate’s particular experience, skills and interests. The variety of responsibilities available include:
• Curriculum and Extra Curricular Development
• Teaching & Learning
• Pupil Premium provision
• Community & Engagement
• Assessment & Monitoring
• Sixth Form Development
• Staff Appraisal, CPDL and Recruitment
We can offer:
• Talented students and staff
• A role tailored to suit your strengths and interests
• A competitive salary: a five-point scale from L12 – L16 (Fringe Area)
• A low teaching load
• Admission arrangements favourable to children of staff
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Evidence of continuing and recent professional development relevant to senior leadership
Knowledge & Experience
• Substantial and successful track record of teaching 11 to 18 including A Level
• A proven track record in whole school leadership or the leadership of a large department/team
• Understanding of current educational issues
• Understanding of effective pedagogy
• Understanding of how data can be used to drive up standards through intelligent intervention programmes
• Passion for education in its widest sense
• Drive, sense of purpose, commitment and perseverance
• Well-developed emotional intelligence
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
• Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of individuals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Enthusiasm, common sense and good humour
• Willingness to reflect on and evaluate performance within the context of a team
• Outstanding classroom practitioner who inspires and is respected by students
• High levels of resilience and optimism
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Ability to lead by example, take responsibility and to be accountable
• Ability to inspire others to follow through strong communication skills, good influencing skills and clear thinking.
• Ability to hold people to account effectively
• Proven solution-provider
• Intellectual curiosity
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Tours of the School Site
If you would like to tour the school prior to applying, to arrange this please contact Dawn Gamble, (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to make an application:
• Please read the attached Appointment Brief before completing your application.
• To apply, please complete the My New Term Application Form using the Supporting Statement section of the form to detail your suitability for the role, your motivation for making an application and how your knowledge, experience and training meet the person specification.
• The vacancy closes at 9.00am on Monday 18th October 2021, however, early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found.
• Interviews will take place across two days: 20th and 21st October 2021
• If you have any questions or would like to discuss this role further, please contact Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager on 07917 035962 or at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in St Clement Danes School.
St Clement Danes is an oversubscribed, highly regarded school situated in Chorleywood on the border between Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. With over 1000 applicants for 240 places annually, it is a popular local choice. It is partially selective, allocating 10% of places based on musical aptitude and 10% on the basis of an academic test. When last visited by Ofsted, it was awarded outstanding in every one of the then 31 measures. It has more recently been awarded ‘World Class School’ status, an accolade awarded to schools who have moved ‘beyond outstanding’.
St Clement Danes has a proud history dating back to 1862 and celebrates an annual Commemoration Service in St Clement Danes Church in the Strand. Outcomes at all levels are excellent and in particular the school prides itself on the progress of its students. In 2019, the Progress 8 measure was +0.48. There is plenty of scope for you to help move the school forward; ensuring that St Clement Danes is consistently ‘beyond outstanding’.
St Clement Danes is an outward facing school, it leads the Herts & Bucks Teaching School Alliance, is the lead school of the Hertfordshire Challenge Partners hub, leads the Science Learning Partnership across a wide area of London and the South East and is one of a select few National Computing Hubs. We are proud to be part of Danes Educational Trust, more information about the Trust can be found below.
Relationships between staff and students are a great strength of the school. Students respect staff and appreciate their efforts as they “move from one high-quality learning experience to another.” The school prides itself on nurturing students’ talents, whatever they might be as evidenced by phenomenal success in sport, wonderful drama productions and an enviable programme of music.
The school site has benefited from extensive investment over recent years including an art and maths building, dance studio, learning resource centre and pastoral hub. The school is clean, green and well cared for; visitors remark on the attractive working environment enjoyed by staff and students alike.
Working at St Clement Danes means working with a talented, inspirational, and innovative team of teachers and support staff at the heart of the local community. We believe in making a real and lasting positive difference to every learner's life at St Clement Danes. If you share our commitment to educational excellence, we want to hear from you.
The students are capable, concientious and self-motivated learners: have a look at our website's news pages to get a taste of the student experience or follow us on Twitter @SCDSchool. The school is close to beautiful countryside - Google images of the Chess Valley for a taste - and on the Metropolitan and Chiltern Railways lines into London. A few minutes from Jct 18 of the M25, the school is close to towns regularly voted as some of the best places in the UK to live and raise a family and, although an affluent part of the country, there is plenty of affordable housing in nearby Watford and its surroundings.
If you choose to apply for a job with the Trust, you will join a happy, successful team whilst making a wise investment in your future career. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites – www.stclementdanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
Mr T Sutherland
Arranging a visit to St Clement Danes School
Please contact our Recruitment Manager Dawn Gamble at email@example.com or on 07917 035962 to arrange a tour of the school