Post Title: Attendance Officer
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, permanent (including, 5 INSET days)
Salary Grade: Band 2 £20,475.00 to £26,845.00 Full Time Equivalent (Dependent on Experience)
Responsible to: Attendance Lead
Conditions of Service: United Learning Contract
We are seeking a driven member of staff to complement our dynamic attendance team to promote high levels of attendance to all our students so that they are able to achieve their full academic potential.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our supportive team at The Lowry Academy.
What can we offer?
- The opportunity to save money across hundreds of major retailers, through Perkbox
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Bespoke career pathways for every member of staff
- Competitive salary
- 5 INSET days per year +3 additional planning days each term, dedicated to development and planning
- The benefits of working in a successfully multi-academy trust and full access to ongoing CPD
- Cycle to Work Scheme
At The Lowry Academy we have high expectations and believe every single child can achieve. Our staff are highly professional, and we are relentlessly ensuring those high standards are maintained so teachers can teach, and students can learn. We prepare children for future success and ask students to live our values of Aspiration, Respect, Confidence, Creativity and Resilience. To maintain this strong culture, we have non-negotiable expectations:
- All students arrive on time for their lessons. Students must arrive on time to be admitted to the lesson.
- All students are expected to have full equipment for every lesson.
- All students must think hard and work hard in lessons. Students are not allowed to opt out of their learning.
- The school has a straightforward approach to disruption to lessons. We follow a warn-remove policy where any student who disrupts learning, having been previously warned and given the opportunity to correct their behaviour, including opting out of work, is removed from the lesson.
- The Academy has zero tolerance for any act of defiance or disrespect towards staff or other students.
We are not just about academic success; we work hard to ensure that we role model the right behaviours and provide opportunities for our pupils to develop the skills and understanding required to both be personally successful in the future workplace but also have a positive impact on the world.
Our aim is to prepare our students for adulthood and to be good citizens with high ambitions and the courage to exceed in their future. If you are passionate and share the same desire about changing the lives of students, we would like to hear from you.
We welcome visits to our academy so that you can experience the unique ethos of The Lowry Academy for yourself. If you would like to visit the academy, please contact Jannat Abutaeva (HR Assistant), on 0161 529 5177 or via email to Jannat.Abutaeva@lowryacademy.org.uk
You will be:
- Passionate about education and its impact on young people.
- An excellent communicator and able to form productive working relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Able to analyse data to identify key issues and plan action to secure improvement in attendance.
- Have good IT skills and either knowledge of or the ability to work effectively with Management Information Systems such as Arbor.
- A strong team member who is able to both contribute to and follow directions from others.
The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator, who can form strong, positive relationships and undertake the key worker role, liaising with teachers, senior leaders, parents and carers
In addition, you will be proactive, the ability to learn and undertake training and meetings when necessary.
We are a caring yet ambitious academy at the heart of our local community. We provide all our students with opportunities to strive toward academic excellence and develop interpersonal skills in order to make a positive contribution to society. We have a calm and supportive environment characterised by respectful relationships between staff and students. Through our clear focus on delivering excellent academic standards for all students, we put high-quality teaching and learning at the core of our approach.
In joining The Lowry Academy, you will also be joining United Learning, a successful Multi Academy Trust. United Learning schools work as a team and achieve more thorough sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum, and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
The Lowry Academy is committed to creating the best place to work, where all staff can reach their full potential. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and welcome and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please contact HumanResources@lowryacademy.org.uk for a recruitment pack. We reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
The Lowry is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. This responsibility necessitates a child protection policy and robust procedures. Each student’s welfare is of paramount importance. Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be read here.
This job post has expired.