Passionate about inspiring young people? Join us at our happy, exciting and inclusive academy as a Class Teacher.
Our incredible staff at Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace are a team of extremely hard working teachers, support staff and administrative staff.
We believe that all learning has a purpose and pupils take ownership of their learning journey and leave the academy as confident, articulate individuals, fully prepared for the next step of their educational journey.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- Successful experience of teaching the primary curriculum
- Good understanding of current theory and best practice in teaching and learning, particularly as it relates to achieving high rates of progress of children of primary age
- Good subject knowledge of core National Curriculum
- Good understanding of child development and progression and how this impacts on planning
- Understanding of effective strategies for managing behaviour within the classroom and in accordance with the school's policy
- An understanding of equal opportunity issues and how they can be addressed in schools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Harris Primary Academy Crystal Palace (HPACR) is a two-form entry school situated in Penge, which is part of the London Borough of Bromley.
HPACR is an inclusive academy and we want every one of our children, from Nursery to Year 6, to have a truly happy experience at school. We strive to ensure that every pupil feels valued and safe. The children's achievements are celebrated every day in their lessons and we are proud that they are kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn.
We believe that through expert teaching and support all children can achieve to a high standard. Ultimately, our aim is to make sure that our pupils leave us feeling that they have succeeded both academically and in the extracurricular aspects of school life. We want our pupils to be thoroughly prepared for the opportunities that secondary school will offer them.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level. In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for staff who work across the full year, and many other benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our website.
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We welcome applications from practitioners who will:
- Have regard to the curriculum for the school, and with a view to promoting the development of the abilities and aptitudes of the pupils in any class or group assigned
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons
- Teach, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you
- Set and mark work to be carried out by the pupil in the Academy and elsewhere
- Assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils
- Disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- Be committed to on-going professional development
- Contribute to the wider life of the academy
- Maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of a team
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.