- Visas cannot be sponsored
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3
- Fixed term - 1 year Starting from September 2023
- The salary range is from £28,000 to £38,810 (Main pay scale) plus an SEN Allowance of £2,384 per annum. Please note that this salary is based on the September 2022 pay scale. 2023 pay scale to be confirmed and backdated to start date
£2,384 per annum
The successful candidate will be:
• Innovative, creative and passionate about what they do for each individual learner.
• Able to contribute towards developing the independence, communication and self-regulation of each individual learner.
• Committed to working with parents/carers and other professionals resulting in the best possible life outcomes and future
• Collaborative in their approach towards supporting the wider work of the school and Trust.
Hazel Court School Secondary School in Eastbourne is looking to appoint excellent, self-motivated and inspirational class teachers
who are committed to a pupil-centred approach to learning and who are dedicated to creating exciting, purposeful and challenging
Hazel Court is a dynamic Special School for pupils with severe learning disabilities and complex needs. The academy is part of The
Southfield Trust which works in partnership with The Lindfield School and The South Downs School. The Southfield Trust is
currently in an exciting phase of development including a new school, Summerdown School, which opened autumn of 2022.
Our aim at Hazel Court is to achieve the best possible outcomes for our young people for their future lives. Hazel Court is a positive
environment with a very welcoming and highly supportive whole staff team approach.
Applications are encouraged from applicants with experience of supporting pupils with a range of special educational needs or who
may have some experience but more than anything a willingness to learn through collaborative working with other skilled staff.
Early Career Teachers (ECTs) are welcome to apply.
A fixed Term post is offered for 1 year from September 2023.
The paid hours of work are 32.5 (full-time hours).
The salary range is from £28,000 to £38,810 (Main pay scale) plus an SEN Allowance of £2,384 per annum.
Please note that this salary is based on the September 2022 pay scale. 2023 pay scale to be confirmed and backdated to start
You are encouraged to visit the school - please contact Hazel Court School directly to arrange a visit or for an informal chat about
the post - email email@example.com or phone 01323 465720
This post is initially required for Hazel Court Secondary, however, candidates should be aware they may be required to work on any
one of the Trust’s sites.
A teaching post application form, job description and person specification can be accessed via the Vacancies tab on our Trust
Website at www.thesouthfieldtrust.com.
We look forward to receiving your application. We do not accept CVs. Your application will be accepted if sent by email to
The closing date for this post is midday on Monday 9th October 2023
Interviews to be held in the week of 16th October 2023
If you do not receive a response to your application by Friday, 27
th October you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on
The Southfield Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Employment will be
subject to satisfactory DBS Enhanced clearance and references.
This job post has expired.