Pickwick Academy Trust would like to recruit full time Class Teacher based at Longford Primary School on a fixed-term contract.
The salary offered will be between M1 £30,000 and M6 £41,333 pro rata per annum, depending on experience.
Required to start: 1st September 2024
End date: 31st August 2025
Longford is a friendly village school, set in beautiful countryside, within short distance of the city of Salisbury. Our school family is caring and committed to ensuring that all pupils flourish. Our small class sizes ensure that we know our children extremely well. We believe in the power of education to change lives for the better. At Longford this involves working in partnership with parents, nurturing the development of the whole child and instilling a love of life-long learning.
Longford Primary School would like to appoint a creative and enthusiastic teacher, to inspire and challenge our small class of Reception/KS1 pupils, from September 2024 onwards.
We are seeking applicants who are:
- Highly motivated,
- Keen to continuously improve their own practice and most importantly,
- Be committed to making a difference to children’s lives.
- Confident teachers who demonstrate high expectations of both pupil achievement and behaviour for all
- Energetic, warm and caring
- Passionate about learning and demonstrate a desire to research and find out more in order to improve their own practice
- Can work creatively using our outstanding curriculum as a starting point
- Flexible, with a strong commitment to teamwork
- Have great organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen to share and develop professionally as an outstanding, skilled teacher who demonstrates a potential for future leadership
We can offer:
- A friendly village school on the outskirts of Salisbury, set within beautiful countryside,
- A positive working environment,
- Children who are eager to learn,
- A caring school and strong Academy Trust community, where everyone is valued,
- An on-going commitment to your professional development needs through the Trust.
For a full list of staff benefits please refer to the attached Applicant Information Pack
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further information.
The selection process will include a lesson observation and a formal interview.
Visits are most welcome and highly recommended. Longford Primary School is part of Pickwick Academy Trust. Please contact the school for more information firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01722 327292.
Interested candidates are required to apply by 12noon on Friday 1st March 2024
Interviews will be conducted on Friday 8th March 2024
At Pickwick Academy Trust we are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we require anyone joining our school to actively contribute to this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
All shortlisted candidates will be subject to online searches as part of safer recruitment due diligence. Successful candidates will be subject to a range of pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and a barred list check if working in regulated activity
Pickwick Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all. Our aim is to ensure that no applicant or employee is discriminated against or is disadvantaged by policies, procedures, conditions or requirements. We have a caring and supportive environment where wellbeing is a key priority – flexible working requests will be considered.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.