Class Teacher - Maternity Cover
4 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
9 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
25 May 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE (part-time applications welcome)
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 6-12 months
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main Pay Scale for Teachers
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Suitable for an Experience Teacher with an area of specialism
- Secure, current knowledge of National Curriculum, Literacy and Numeracy Strategies
- Good understanding of the need to motivate and inspire learners
- Good understanding of the core aspects of strong lessons, sequences of lessons and strong pupil outcomes
What the school offers its staff
- Each year group have their own dedicated PPA session, working collaboratively to plan lessons and share best practise
- Bespoke coaching plan for each teacher
- Supportive and encouraging work environment
- We have a commitment to raise standards, support families, promote wellbeing and committed to continual improvement
- Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship
Further details about the role
Are you passionate about ensuring that every child has the very best start to life?
At Ludlow Junior School, we work hard to make sure that we are meeting the needs of all of our pupils, inside and outside of the classroom, whatever their background, ability or interests. Therefore, we are looking for a teacher who will work hard to plan and teach, engaging and inspiring lessons that are adapted through the use of AfL to help every individual child to reach their full potential.
We are a five-form entry community academy school in Southampton, Hampshire with a large and supportive staff team who share the vision of providing our children with the best opportunities for the future. Working collaboratively to plan lessons, we share best practise and reflect on how to improve further.
We pride ourselves on the coaching and development provided for our team - every teacher has a bespoke coaching plan tailored to support them. We listen carefully to the interests and strengths of our teachers to develop them throughout their career to reach their own professional development targets and career goals; with many teachers moving on to be year leaders, Deputy Heads and Head teachers.
This role is suitable for an experienced teacher with an area of specialism that they have to offer to the team.
Visits to our school are welcomed and encouraged during term time, where you will be able to see our pupils and teachers in class. If you would like to book a tour of the school please contact Mrs Amy Noades, Business Support Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 13th June 2023 and you should be prepared to be available for the whole day.
Sorry no CVs accepted by themselves - please apply via our recruitment website: www.ludlowjunior.org.uk/our-school/recruitment
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Ludlow Junior School
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 545 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ludlow Junior School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Ludlow Junior School is single status academy in the heart of the Itchen & Woolston Community in Southampton, Hampshire. The school can take up to 600 pupils with a five form entry.
Arranging a visit to Ludlow Junior School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Priory Church of England Primary School
Wick Lane, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1HX
Bramble Infant School and Nursery
Bramble Road, Southsea, Hampshire, PO4 0DT
Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School
Gladys Avenue, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9AX
Hordle CofE (VA) Primary School
Hordle Lane, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 0FB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Southampton and Hampshire