Class Teacher - maternity cover
Deadline is today
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
15 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document
- Fixed term - 1st September 2023 - 31st August 2024
- £28,000 - £43,685
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Candidates should have the drive to become outstanding classroom practitioners who can make a significant contribution to the school's ongoing success by bringing new ideas, initiative and a commitment to raising standards. You will be energetic, creative, passionate about teaching and willing to engage with the most up to date evidence around teaching and how pupils best learn. You will also be willing to share expertise while continuing to develop your pedagogy.
- In order to fit with the needs of the school, the post could be a class teacher role. Alternatively, the post could be a PPA Cover Teacher role, particularly if the successful applicant has a subject specialism, for example, P.E., Art or music. The post will be fixed term for one year initially, due to it being a maternity cover, with the possibility of an extension.
- Please visit the Vacancies section of the school website (link to website is below) to see the full application pack which includes a Person Specification and Job Description.
What the school offers its staff
- Exceptional learning environment and facilities.
- Purposeful and empowering curriculum.
- Thriving team with staff development central to our practice.
- Collaborative school which is part of the Outer West Learning Trust.
- Behaviour Hub lead school.
- Accredited Pupil Book Study training school.
- Staff from Throckley Primary are on local delivery teams for the National Professional Qualification (NPQ) in Leading Teaching; the NPQ in Leading Teacher Development; and the NPQ in Behaviour and Culture.
- Staff from the Throckley team support the delivery of the ECF programme by facilitating training for both Early Careers Teachers, and mentors, supporting the work of an approved local ECF delivery partner.
- The school is actively involved in Initial Teacher Training and continuing professional development.
- Candidates are encouraged to attend our virtual visit on Wednesday 24th May, 3.30pm-4.15pm. Please email email@example.com to request to join the visit.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please complete the online application.Apply for this job
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Throckley Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 2 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 362 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 2 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Throckley Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Throckley Primary is a larger than average primary school based in the Outer West of Newcastle. The school was graded outstanding in all areas in our November 2013 Ofsted report and is currently one of the highest performing schools in the country. We are ranked the 331st primary school in the country (out of over 16,000) in the 2023 'Sunday Times Parent Power Guide'. This ranking puts us in the top 2% of primary schools nationwide. This wonderful achievement is the result of a continuous drive for improvement, where the whole school community strives to deliver the best quality of education and transform the lives of our pupils. The learning environment and facilities that we offer are exceptional. We are committed to providing a purposeful and empowering curriculum that fully prepares learners for the next steps in their school careers and opens the doors to the wider world.
Arranging a visit to Throckley Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Trinity Academy Newcastle
Condercum Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 8XJ
Morpeth Stobhillgate First School
Stobhillgate, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 2HA
Wingrove Primary School
Hadrian Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Tyne and Wear, NE4 9HN
Cleves Cross Primary and Nursery School Academy
Cleves Cross, Ferryhill, County Durham, DL17 8QY
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Tyne and Wear