- Fixed term (August 2023)
- £25,714 - £36,961
Class Teacher job summary
Merrydale Junior School
Grade: MPS (M1 – M6) (£25,714 - £36,961)
32.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Fixed Term until August 2023.
The postholder is also expected to interact on a professional level with colleagues in order to promote a mutual understanding of the school curriculum, with the aim of improving teaching and learning across the school
We are looking for someone who has:
- Create a stimulating and safe learning environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and use a variety of strategies and practices to promote the diverse cultural and equality issues in the classroom.
- Assess and record the progress of pupils’ learning to inform next steps and monitor progress.
- Plan, prepare and deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject that you teach, other relevant initiatives and the school’s own policies.
Please apply for this role via My New Term: https://www.mynewterm.com/jobs/143244/EDV-2022-MJS-63127
Please refer to the document attached for a full Job Description and Person Specification on My New Term.
In return we will give you the opportunity to:
What we offer:
• Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school.
• Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children.
• Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school.
• Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Academy Trust.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
- Good opportunities for personal and career development.
- CPD development both within school and through DSAT networks and wider external partnership working.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee benefits.
- Talk to us about flexible working
Why Choose Us:
Our school is an exciting place to be, and our aim is to strive for excellence in everything that we do, uniting all our staff, pupils and families in life-long learning and preparing for a better tomorrow. It is our aim to ensure that all pupils receive the support that they need in an inclusive and supportive environment both in and out of the classroom.
A team of friendly, supportive & hardworking colleagues. Polite and friendly children who require a person who is sensitive to their needs and wellbeing. Excellent opportunities for professional development across the Discovery Academy Trust. A school with a strong Wellbeing team who support children to be the best that they can be.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. DSAT has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
As part of Discovery Schools Trust , there is a wealth of CPD opportunities available to the successful candidate and we know that by joining our highly dedicated and committed staff, who work tirelessly for our children, we can help you to be the best version of you!
Closing Date for Applications: 27 June 2022
Interview Date: 29 June 2022
Start Date: 25 August 2022
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.