Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
The children, staff, parents and governors of St Peter's Catholic Primary School are looking to appoint an exemplary, highly motivated, enthusiastic classroom practitioner to join our very friendly and committed team to continue to provide excellent provision for the children at St Peter's. This post will be in either KS1 or KS2.
We are looking for someone who -
- Is sympathetic and supportive of the Catholic ethos
- Is an exemplary classroom teacher, with a proven track record of good/outstanding teaching, who has high expectations of all pupils
- Is enthusiastic, keen to progress and willing to give 100%
- Is creative, innovative and committed to school development
- Has high expectations of pupil achievement and will play a role in raising standards
- Is inspirational, well organised and with a positive 'can do' approach
We can offer -
- A Catholic ethos that drives our school values
- A welcoming and well-resourced school near Brighton and with good links to London
- A stimulating indoor and outdoor environment
- Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
- Ongoing professional development within school and outside
Applying for the job
Please download and complete the Catholic Education Service application forms listed.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic
205 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About St Peter's Catholic Primary School, Shoreham-by-Sea
St Peter’s is a Catholic (Voluntary Aided) Primary School which caters for children from 4 to 11. We currently have 206 children on roll.
The existing school was built in approx. 1958 and much of the main building dates from 1962 and houses six classrooms, hall and cloakrooms, library, offices. The school was extended approximately 15 years ago giving us two extra classrooms and a staff room. Five years ago the school reception area was extended and we had a 2 storey extension built, comprising a Year 6 classroom upstairs and a library and ICT suite on the ground floor. We have a breakfast club and after school club and also run activity clubs for the children after school.
Staffing consists of Headteacher, Deputy Head, class teachers, part time SENCO and teaching assistants, who assist with a range of activities, are involved in planning and whose contribution is much appreciated.
A Head’s PA, Bursar, Premises Officer complete our team.
A small nursery is also on site. It is funded by the parents who use it but it works in close co-operation with the school.
Arranging a visit to St Peter's Catholic Primary School, Shoreham-by-Sea
Visits to the school are highly recommended and welcome by arrangement. Please contact Mrs Liz Matthews, Head's PA, to make an appointment to visit the school.
Tel. 01273 454066