£26298 - £35971
The Governing Body at Orchard Primary School are seeking to appoint a dynamic and highly effective classroom practitioner to join our thriving school.
The successful candidate will be working in a mixed Year 3/4 class.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent KS2 teacher with a passion for learning and a proven ability to secure good pupil progress for children in lower key stage 2
• be a talented and ambitious practitioner who is able to lead the development of a foundation subject across the school (an interest in PE or French would be desirable, but not essential)
• be an enthusiastic, committed and passionate individual, able to motivate and inspire young people and colleagues
• have the confidence to ensure the highest expectations of achievement and behaviour
• be an individual with a positive 'can do' approach, willing to use initiative, imagination and creativity
• be a pro-active team member committed to leading extra-curricular activities and enrichment events
• be an effective organiser with good interpersonal skills
• be committed to working in partnership with children, parents/carers and outside agencies to ensure the best possible outcomes for each individual child
In return we can offer you:
• Well-behaved, happy children who are eager and willing to learn
• An attractive, well-maintained working environment with excellent facilities and resources
• The opportunity to become part of a hardworking and nurturing staff who are committed to providing the best education for the children in their care
• An imaginative and creative approach to the curriculum, layered with excellent enrichment opportunities to bring learning to life
• A genuine commitment to continuing professional development and career progression within a truly inclusive, forward thinking school
• A supportive Governing Body
Orchard Primary School is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably experienced persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Covid-secure visits to the school are strongly encouraged. (Half-term 29th March – 9th April). Please contact the headteacher to book an appointment. Telephone: 01332 810078 or email: email@example.com
Application is via the attached application form only and should be sent by e-mail to the headteacher or posted with your covering letter to:
Orchard Primary School
Applications will be considered as they are received, and your early response is encouraged.
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th April 2021 09:00 AM
Provisional interview date: Monday 19th April 2021 (either remotely or at Orchard Primary School if conditions allow).
Successful applicants will be contacted by telephone to confirm invite to interview; applicants who have not heard by this date should presume they have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Orchard Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be sought in advance of the interview.
As this post holder is required to work in ‘Regulated Activity’, the successful applicant will also require an enhanced DBS with a Barred list check. All job offers will be subject to successful DBS, medical clearance and references.
Applying for the job
Please apply using the application form and a cover letter.
Applications can be made via email or post.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.