Class Teacher - Year 5
The Carlton Junior Academy, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,372 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Part time (0.4) Year 5 Class Teacher
(MPR/UPR dependent on experience) – to start as soon as possible.
We are looking for a talented practitioner, the post could suit an NQT as well as a more experienced candidate. As “an unquestionably good school …relentless in the aspiration to become even better” (Ofsted March 2016) we are determined to sustain the positive and visible culture of success that is embedded in our school motto ‘we grow greatness’.
This is also an exciting opportunity to work for the Redhill Academy Trust in the lead school of its growing Primary Hub. The academy is also a member of Redhill Teaching School Alliance and as such there are excellent CPD opportunities and the chance to work alongside other high performing schools in the region.
We are a school where:
• Children’s enjoyment of learning is at the heart of every school day.
• It matters that every child reaches their potential and achieves beyond expectation.
• The children are motivated, happy and well behaved.
• There is a strong team ethos.
We are seeking:
• An experienced teacher who wishes to broaden their experience or an NQT at the start of their career.
• Good and outstanding teaching which ensures that every child makes progress and with a real passion for high quality education that has fun and enjoyment at its core.
• Conscientious staff who are committed to high standards and continued improvement.
• Someone with the ability to nurture as well as teach.
• The ability to develop good relationships with our parents.
• Real enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration.
• High standards (for both yourself and the children).
• A ‘can do’ attitude.
• The ability to create an excellent learning environment.
• Someone who can demonstrate a real commitment to our school.
• The ability to maintain that all important sense of humour!
The school is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all the people in our school, as such all candidates will be asked to demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding children and complete an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please phone to arrange a convenient time.
Electronic application forms and further details are available from the school office. (Tel: 0115 9110402 or email: email@example.com).
Closing date: 12pm Monday, 9th December 2019
Interviews: to be arranged as soon as possible after the closing date.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Can work effectively as part of a team
• Show initiative and ability to pursue a task to its conclusion
• Ability to demonstrate positive relationships with adults (including parents) and children
• Familiarity with current issues in education
• ICT literate
• Knowledge of Teachers’ standards
• Ability to enthuse about teaching and children’s achievement
• Ability to manage own time
• Able to deal effectively and efficiently with administration
• Committed to inclusion
• Committed to high standards, sets high expectations and promotes a culture of excellence
• Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding legislation
• Promotes good progress and outcomes for children
• Demonstrates good subject and curriculum knowledge
• Manages behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
• Makes accurate and productive use of assessment to inform planning and improve pupils’ performance
• Plans and teaches well-structured lessons
|School size||220 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Carlton Junior Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Garden Avenue, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG4 1QT