- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Main Pay Scale
School: St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Voluntary Academy Location: Nottingham Contract Type: Full-time Contract Term: Permanent Salary: MPS Start date: 31 August 2021 Closing date: 21 June 2021, 9.00 am Interview date: 25 June 2021 St Margaret Clitherow Primary and Nursery Catholic Voluntary Academy is a diverse and caring school that successfully brings together pupils from many different cultures into one happy inclusive community. Here at St Margaret’s we all aspire to progress spiritually and academically so that every child and adult is enabled to achieve their full potential. We live by our ‘Golden rule: “Love one another as I have loved you.” We are looking for a teacher to join our school family; who is ambitious for themselves and the children in their care. The ideal candidate should:
We can offer:
- Be a practising Catholic or someone willing to support the Catholic ethos of our school
- Possess qualified teacher status
- Be able to establish excellent relationships with children and parents, promoting aspirational achievement and progress for all groups of pupils
- Believe that all pupils regardless of their background are capable of reaching their full potential
- Have high expectations of learning and behaviour
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team
- Be able to take a lead role in a curriculum area and have a positive influence.
This post is suitable for both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
- Well behaved, enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- A highly collaborative staff team with a genuine commitment to peer support
- Opportunities for collaborative working across our MAT partnership of schools.
For an informal discussion about the role and our school please contact the school office on 0115 9150296.
The Trust and St Margaret Clitherow School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Excellent CPD Package.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 213 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Primary School
At St Margaret Clitherow, ‘Love one another, as I have loved you’ underpins everything that we do, plan to do and expect from our children and staff. We are a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, diverse school that promotes cohesion, tolerance and respect for all people at all times. We are a Catholic school, but we welcome and embrace children and staff of different faiths or no faith. We work tirelessly to ensure our children can go forward as respectful, tolerant young people who can contribute positively to the world in which they will live, grow and participate in. We believe that every one of our children, made in God’s image and likeness, is valued as unique with extraordinary gifts and talents which we aim to discover and develop through an effective partnership between home, school and Church. We are all incredibly proud of our school and it is a very special place to be. A vibrant place where minds and hearts are nurtured and a place where lifetime friendships are made. It is a place where children are at the heart of every decision we make and are loved for who they are