L13 - L18 £56,720 - £64,143
East Harptree and Ubley are both small C of E primary schools situated in a rural location within the beautiful Chew Valley area of Bath and North East Somerset.
We are looking for a committed and dynamic school leader to join our successful schools.
The Local Governing Body and the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP) seek to appoint a Headteacher who will:
• inspire our pupils and committed staff team;
• retain and develop the character, vision and ethos of both church schools;
• build on the existing collaboration between the schools;
• drive forward the development and embedding of a rich creative curriculum;
• prioritise our ‘recovery curriculum’ following the pandemic;
• manage budget and resources for long-term sustainability;
• be an active member of our Trust’s Headteacher network.
In return our schools can offer you:
• Friendly and inclusive schools, both set in idyllic rural environments in the Chew Valley;
• Committed and dedicated staff, engaged Local Governing Body and supportive parents;
• Well behaved and happy children who have strong enthusiasm for learning;
• The opportunity to be part of strong supportive village communities;
• A high level of CPD and support as part of the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (our Multi-Academy Trust);
• Full support from the Diocese of Bath and Wells.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect everyone to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS Barred List and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. We will request references prior to interview, once shortlisting has taken place.
• Applications to be received by: Friday 9 April at noon to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Interview dates: 21/22 April or 22/23 April 2021
Applying for the job
To apply for this role please download the application pack and an application form. Please send the Application form filled in to email@example.com
Alternatively apply online here:
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
73 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About East Harptree Church of England Primary School
The two church schools within this collaboration sit at the heart of their communities and play a key role in village life. East Harptree currently has 83 pupils on its roll and Ubley 84 pupils. The schools were both rated as “Good” by OFSTED in 2017 and by SIAMS in 2019. In 2018 the schools became a collaboration before both joining the Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP) Multi-Academy Trust in 2019.
Arranging a visit to East Harptree Church of England Primary School
Our COVID-19 Risk Assessments restrict visits to our schools during the working day but candidates are welcome to visit our sites after school hours to see the environment and pre-application telephone contact with our Trust Chief Executive, Gary Lewis, can be arranged by contacting his assistant Jane Norris on firstname.lastname@example.org.