18 days remaining to apply
Job start date
4 September 2023
16 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
16 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - up to 25hrs per week, term time
Full-time equivalent salary
- £21,189 - £21,968 pro rata
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Cook with experience of food preparation, ideally in an environment serving children and young people
Our ideal candidate will; have excellent teamwork and communication skills; the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference and be passionate about inclusion.
The main duties include:
- To prepare and cook all academy meals efficiently and in a timely manner, and maintain a clean, well maintained and stocked kitchen.
- To provide well balanced meals and nutritional menu choices. To work with pupils to prepare academy meals for all pupils and staff.
- Promote pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
- To assist the delivery of outstanding lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils through academy food.
- To actively implement the academy’s behaviour policy and systems in order to assist the delivery of outstanding education to our pupils.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and an online check.
To apply please use our application form available on our website Vacancies - Wave MAT and submit this along with the equal opportunities form here. We may close this vacancy early as we review applications as they are received, to ensure you are considered for this role please do not wait for the deadline to submit your application.
For any general questions contact us here or email us at email@example.com
What the school offers its staff
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplace
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust, comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies (including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19 across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350 members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence, independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About North Cornwall Alternative Provision Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 16
- School size
- 13 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
North Cornwall Academy is located in Bodmin. We work closely with all of the secondary and primary schools within our partnership to ensure the needs of those most vulnerable pupils are met. Our curriculum is tailored to meet the needs of our pupils and staff work extremely hard to ensure pupils are given every opportunity to succeed and aspire. We work closely with a diverse range of outside agencies both statutory and voluntary so that our young people can access the support and guidance they need. The staff are very hardworking and creative and always go the extra mile with the young people on roll.
Arranging a visit to North Cornwall Alternative Provision Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Parent Support Advisor with safeguarding and attendance
Newquay Junior Academy
Edgcumbe Avenue, Newquay, Cornwall, TR7 2NL
Community & Hospital Education Service Ap Academy
Treyew Road, Truro, TR1 3AS
Rectory Road, St Austell, Cornwall, PL26 7RN
Sir James Smith's School
Dark Lane, Camelford, Cornwall, PL32 9UJ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cornwall