We are looking to appoint an outstanding Cook with experience of food preparation, ideally in an environment serving children and
Our ideal candidate will; have excellent teamwork and
communication skills; the ability and enthusiasm to make a difference and be passionate
The main duties include:
- To prepare and cook all academy meals
efficiently and in a timely manner, and maintain a clean, well maintained and
- To provide well balanced meals and nutritional
menu choices. To work with pupils to prepare academy meals for all pupils and
pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion.
- To assist the delivery of outstanding
lessons, leading to significant progression and attainment for all pupils
through academy food.
- To actively implement the academy’s
behaviour policy and systems in order to assist the delivery of
outstanding education to our pupils.
For a full list of duties, please see the job description.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer
Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory
enhanced DBS check and an online check.
To apply please use our application
form available on our website Vacancies
- Wave MAT and submit this along with the equal opportunities form here. We may close this vacancy early as we review
applications as they are received, to ensure you are considered for this role
please do not wait for the deadline to submit your application.
For any general questions contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Work with Wave: What’s in it for you?
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational Health Services
- Professional Development & Training
- Salary depending on experience
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Free Will Writing Benefit
- Health & Wellbeing Champion
- Company sick pay dependent on service
- Free refreshments in workplace
Wave Trust: What we believe and what we do
Wave are an established and successful Multi Academy Trust,
comprising of Alternative Provision Academies (APAs), Medical Academies
(including Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s child and adolescent
mental health unit ‘Sowenna’) and a Special Academy.
We provide education for vulnerable pupils aged 4 – 19
across Devon and Cornwall. The Trust has a national reputation for the delivery
of outstanding pupil outcomes including enabling pupils to access the most
appropriate education setting and transition to employment, training and higher
or further education. The Trust educates over 1000 pupils and employs over 350
members of staff.
We Aim To
- Provide a balanced and broad curriculum that
promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of
pupils and prepares them for the opportunities, responsibilities and
experiences of adult life.
- Give access to the National Curriculum; provide
opportunities for external accreditation, and, for those pupils with specific
learning difficulties, effective and personalised programmes.
- Ensure all pupils are supported to develop
positive attitudes towards themselves and others. Promoting emotional
well-being and self-esteem; helping our pupils to recognise their potential and
work positively within their community.
- We will respect all pupils and encourage them to
become active participants in their own learning, develop confidence,
independence, self-esteem and express their needs and desires.
- Seek effective and positive working
relationships with pupils’ families, schools and other agencies.
- Enable effective outcomes for our pupils.
Wave is dedicated to the safeguarding of children and Safer Recruitment Procedures will be followed. The position requires a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and online check.
This job post has expired.