We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated and enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join our supportive and hardworking Team at The Oldham Academy North. The purpose of this role is to provide continuity of education for pupils whose lessons are affected by short term absence of the class teacher. An excellent opportunity to develop your career, where bespoke support will be provided within a fulfilling and enjoyable workplace.
Are you a recent graduate and looking to get into teaching? Have previous experience and looking for a new challenge or a recently qualified Teacher wanting to gain more Academy experience before committing to your first teaching post?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Cover Supervisor to join E-ACT The Oldham Academy North -
- Supervising pupils undertaking work that has been set in accordance with the Academy’s policy, under the guidance of teaching/senior staff.
- Establishing productive working relationships with students, promoting positive values/attitudes and setting high expectations
- Monitoring and evaluation of students’ responses to learning activities through observation and recording of achievement and providing feedback/reports as required
- Encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all students in activities
- Effective use of ICT to support learning activities and develop students’ competence and independent use.
For a full description of the role, see the job description and job specification.
Salary: £19,764 - £21,821 - FTE - £22,571 - £24,920
37 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
What the trust offers in return:
- Competitive local Government Pension Scheme
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Market leading Personal Development and Training plans to further your career
- Access to Mental Health First Aid Programme
- 24 hours access to Employee Assistance Programme
We know just how important it is to think big and to help break those glass ceilings faced by young people today. Together we can encourage our pupils to step out from their comfort zones, build self-esteem and broaden their horizons.
The Oldham Academy North is an ambitious, inclusive 11-16 academy in Oldham. We set high expectations for our students in all areas and encourage them to become ambassadors of their community. We continue to be a 'Good' school, whilst leading to excellent student progress and putting us in the top 20% of schools nationally. To find out more about us, please visit: https://theoldhamacademynorth.e-act.org.uk/
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 18,000 pupils and over 2,500 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.