We are looking for a committed and
enthusiastic Cover Supervisor to join our friendly high achieving team. This is an exciting opportunity for an efficient and
organised person to join us as a cover supervisor, in supporting the smooth
operation of the school through delivering planned lessons.
Responsibilities include delivering lessons based on
pre-prepared work to full class groups, managing the classroom environment to
promote good behaviour for learning, and liaising with teaching colleagues on
their return to promote good continuity for students.
Adaptability, resilience and the ability to think on your
feet are essential in this varied and evolving role, as will an ability to
communicate effectively with a wide range of people. Strong ICT skills and a
good command of English and Math are necessities.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain
valuable school-based experience for those seeking a career in teaching as well
as for experienced cover supervisors looking for a new challenge.
21 REASONS TO WORK AT OUR SCHOOL
- Happy and confident children who enjoy school
- Outstanding pupil behaviour
- Enthusiastic staff who support each other and have a good sense of humour (look at our house point videos!)
- A pupil voice that is listened to
- A curriculum that is exciting and enriching
- Christian values that are important to us
- Spiritual retreats that allow time for pupils and staff to reflect
- Governors and parents who appreciate what we do
- An understanding SLT who appreciate the challenges and workload faced by teachers today
- A great programme of professional development
- Many opportunities for career progression
- Good access to technology and the training available on how to use it
- Flexibility in allowing leaders to occasionally work from home
- Senior leaders who teach
- Supportive PSA who fundraise for departmental or school needs
- Protected planning time (we don’t use teachers for cover!)
- Lots of opportunities to work with trainee teachers
- A great school office and support staff team
- A programme of monitoring that is focused on ‘development’ rather than ‘judging’
- A cosmopolitan staff team that come from all over the world: America, Canada, South Africa, France, Hungary - to name a few!
- Our school site is situated in the lovely, historic English town of Windsor
The school is committed to safeguarding its pupils and this appointment depends upon an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Application form and further details are available on the school’s website. Please contact Mrs. Mottram for further information or to arrange an informal visit. We will be delighted to welcome you to our school.
This job post has expired.