Washwood Heath Academy, Birmingham, West Midlands, B8 2AS
4 days remaining to apply
Start date details
10 October 2022 at 9am
22 September 2022
About Washwood Heath Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 1709 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Washwood Heath Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
Washwood Heath is an all-through Academy with 1700 pupils across the Primary to Sixth Form age range. Our Academy is an incredibly unique and special community, and we are very proud of our pupils and staff. We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled, and ambitious Senior Leader to support the Academy through the next stages of our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another, serving the East of Birmingham: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Multi Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community. We believe that we are stronger working in partnership to serve the children and families of our community.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive Academy with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• An Academy that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability
• A supportive and forward-thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
• A supportive and forward-thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
• A dynamic, dedicated, and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
• Confident, friendly, and aspirational children who are willing to learn
• A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
• A commitment from the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
At WHMAT, we want to proactively embrace diversity across our workforce and recognise that we are under-represented at senior leader levels in terms of ethnic minority groups. We’re therefore taking positive steps to promote a diverse and inclusive culture; we welcome applications from those that identify with these groups to better represent our young people.
Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) covers this post and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
Arranging a visit to Washwood Heath Academy
If you require further information and/or wish to visit the Academy then please contact Dawn Murtagh email@example.com, PA to the Head of Academy.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed