- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
Full-time equivalent salary
- L4-8 (£47,706 - £52,659)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Will work with the Headteacher to contribute to a strategic view for the school in its community and analyse and plan for its future needs and further development, demonstrating inspirational leadership and creativity.
- Is an exemplary role model with excellent communication skills, who can inspire, challenge, support and nurture children and colleagues alike, sustaining the high morale that exists within the school, while maintaining and strengthening links with parents, governors, and the wider community.
- Is passionate about excellence in teaching and learning, and about enabling every child to flourish and become the best version of themselves.
- Can demonstrate the ability to achieve sustainable improvement and will consolidate and build on the progress already made within the school, working with the school staff to lead Bathampton Primary forwards.
- Has high expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves.
- Is an excellent classroom practitioner.
- Is able to empower and motivate children, staff and parents, being a visible presence in and around the school.
What the school offers its staff
- A strong school community with a clear focus on children as individuals, united as an inclusive community.
- A vibrant and uplifting school, where pupils, staff and governors enjoy working together and where everyone is encouraged to achieve more than they thought possible.
- Friendly, happy and enthusiastic pupils who enjoy coming to school, behave well and are eager to learn, and who take pride in their school, their classmates and their teachers.
- An experienced and dedicated staff team, who work energetically and professionally to sustain the school improvement journey, embracing new ideas and opportunities to develop their professional skills.
- Excellent relationships between pupils and staff and between staff and governors, based on high levels of mutual respect, care and responsibility.
- An engaged and supportive Local Governing Committee.
- A commitment to continued professional development for staff at all levels.
- The support of the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust, with exciting opportunities for a high level of collaboration and CPD. Schools work collaboratively for locally identified and driven school improvement and professional development.
- Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust which include a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
Commitment to safeguarding
The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Bathampton Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- School size
- 191 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
We want our pupils to be adventurous and ambitious learners who are equipped socially, emotionally, and educationally to thrive in a rich and diverse global community.
The governors, pupils and staff at Bathampton Primary School are looking to appoint an ambitious leader to join our innovative school which offers a range of opportunities for someone wishing to take their next leadership step.
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, innovative, and inclusive leader, who is able to foster positive relationships with the whole school community. We are a ‘good’ school where leaders and staff have a shared ambition for pupils’ learning’. Our core values are Respect, Curiosity, Creativity, Kindness, Resilience, and Teamwork. We are passionate that these values run through everything we do and that learning at Bathampton is an adventure from which children leave as well-rounded individuals, aspiring to be the best they can be.
If your educational philosophy chimes with ours we would love to hear from you. We are seeking to appoint a deputy headteacher who believes passionately in our vision, ethos and values and can work with the headteacher to realise this in creating an exceptional and forward-thinking school.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for leadership, development and management of the teaching and learning , take a lead role in the monitoring and evaluation of standards and be a leading professional actively promoting effective teaching and learning practices across the school. You would also have a class teaching commitment.
Arranging a visit to Bathampton Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.