|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£44,880 to £49,538|
We seek to employ an ambitious leader, who is committed to making a difference for all children and to the future of our school.
• A strong leader, with excellent organisation and communication skills?
• Wanting to strengthen and develop your existing leadership skills as an aspiring Head teacher?
• An excellent classroom practitioner with a passion for learning?
• Proactive, reflective, calm and solution-focused?
• Flexible and adaptable?
• A good school, committed to achieving the highest standards for all children
• A school with a positive learning environment, where children and adults can thrive and succeed
• Passionate about realising potential in others
• A school where children and staff are responsive, inspiring and eager to learn
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree or equivalent
• NPQH / Willingness to study for NPQH (sponsored by school)
• Varied experience and understanding of pedagogy, teaching and learning across the primary age range
• Previous recent experience in a senior leader or middle manager role in a primary school
• Experience of data analysis
• Responsibility for developing, monitoring and evaluating an aspect of school provision
• Experience of leading and managing people
• Experience of contributing to self-evaluation and school improvement
• Experience of leading training and other staff development activities, including performance management
• Experience of effective pupil pastoral support
• Understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
Essential skills and experience
• A proven track record as an outstanding teacher
• Knowledge of the curriculum for Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and 2
• In-depth knowledge of curriculum development and effective pedagogy
• Sound understanding of assessment, recording and reporting
• Understanding of strategies for school improvement
• Knowledge of how the effective use of data and target setting can raise standards
• Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of current educational issues
Required for September 2020
Leadership scale: L4 – L8 in the range of £44,880 - £49,538
|School size||409 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Westover Green Community School and Autism Centre website (opens in a new window)|
About Westover Green Community School and Autism Centre
Westover Green, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 7HB