Governing Body of Sacred Heart RC Primary School wish to appoint a highly
motivated, inspirational and reflective teacher, with leadership experience.
This is an exciting challenge for a practising
Catholic who can show commitment to maintaining and developing our Catholic
ethos. We are seeking a leader who is dynamic, forward thinking
and who can work with our Headteacher to drive school improvement.
The post includes a full-time teaching commitment (1/2
day leadership time given in addition to PPA), along with leading on standards
and behaviour across school. The successful candidate will also lead a number
of subjects, one of which will be a core subject.
are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- They are a committed practising Catholic with a
clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic Education, who will put our
Catholic ethos at the heart of all they do.
- An understanding of the role of Deputy Headteacher
and work in partnership with colleagues, parents, governors, external agencies
and the wider school community.
- Outstanding classroom teaching and effective
assessment procedures, which enables all learners to progress and achieve.
- Effective leadership experience and a commitment to
drive school improvement, by being passionate and driven, and with an ability
to deal with leadership duties with humility and who will remain calm under
- Have the strategic vision to move our school
from strength to strength and promote a nurturing and inclusive ethos
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and
organisational skills to inspire children and colleagues.
Heart RC Primary School can offer:
- An opportunity to develop and
enhance your skills and experience whilst working with the
Headteacher to forge an
effective and dynamic leadership team.
- A Senior Leadership Team committed
to raising standards and delivering excellence
- A friendly, supportive and
hardworking staff team
- A happy, friendly and welcoming
community with a positive and caring Catholic ethos.
- Enthusiastic children who are
eager to learn and achieve.
- Parents who are supportive and
committed to their child’s education
- A supportive Governing Body
committed to the ongoing success of the school.
children are looking for someone who:
- Is self-motivated and resilient
- Is kind
- Is patient
- Is committed
- Is Respectful
- Is inspiring
- Is hard-working
- Is helpful and caring
- Puts pupils first
- Encourages children to do their best
- Learns the children’s names
- Has a good understanding of children’s
- Has an open mind to change
- Has supervisory and team leading skills
- Can follow school rules
- Can manage others
- Is quite strict but fair
Our school is committed to safeguarding children and has safer recruitment procedures in keeping with DFE statutory guidance. All posts are subject to the required DFE pre-employment checks being completed including an Enhanced DBS Certificate [including a Children’s Barred List Check].
As part of the shortlisting, we will carry out an online search as part of due diligence on the shortlisted candidates. This may help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which the school might want to explore with the applicant at interview.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.