Discovery Schools Academy Trust
Discovery Holiday Camps
Site Leader or Activity Leader
Working in during the Holiday Camps only, for example possibly during Christmas half term and February 24 half term.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team of Site and
Activity Leaders and play a leading role in establishing ‘Discovery Holiday
Camps’ across our family of schools. We are looking for talented, enthusiastic
workers who share our passion for helping children to Discover their potential
to come and join our team. We aim to run high quality school holiday activities
across our family of schools and need to recruit a team to make this a reality.
We are advertising two roles which you might be
interested in applying for:
• Site Leaders – Grade 8 (£13.68 per hour) – who will lead and oversee the
• Activity Leaders – Grade 5 ( £11.97 per hour) – who will lead activities and
oversee the delivery programme.
For a full job description and person specification of
each role, please see the documents attached.
For Site Leaders we expect the following experiences:
• Evidence of supervising safe, creative and appropriate
activities for a range of age groups.
• Qualifications in a variety of sporting disciplines.
• Demonstrating organisational and leadership qualities in
• Demonstrate the ability to organise and support
For Activity Leaders we expect the following experiences:
• To have worked with a group of children from a variety of
• Have experience in organising and taking part in a range
of activities for children including arts and crafts, sports etc.
• Promoting the wellbeing of the children through quality of
care and inclusion.
We are looking for applicants who possess:
• A passion for working with children
• Sports, Play, Arts and other relevant qualifications
and/or experience working/leading clubs for children
• Flexibility to work in the school holidays – with some
term time work potentially available
• Energy and ideas to make our Holiday Camps the best they
• Reliability and trustworthiness
We are committed to supporting your development and
growth and can offer you:
• The chance to work with amazing adults and inspirational
• Great training and resources
• Competitive rates of pay
• The opportunity to work with like-minded colleagues who
can support your development
• Opportunities for further employment in our schools
Why Choose Discovery:
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning
and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all
children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the
school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through
learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading
practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement
system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places
staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of
achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made
earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications
promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position
but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We
appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore,
the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.