|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Grade 3 - SCP 4-6, £18,933 rising to a maximum of £19,698 pro-rata, per annum, subject to experience|
If you have a passion for working and enabling with young people with autism to achieve their potential, then we have the children for you!
We are looking for a Early Years Learning Support Assistant to cover Maternity Leave until 31 July 2021. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and compassionate individual to lead lessons, interventions and support our learners in a wide range of subjects across the curriculum. We are looking for people who have the following experience and qualities:
• Good knowledge and understanding of autism and social communication needs and appropriate strategies to support pupils with this need
• Good knowledge and understanding of social, emotional & mental health needs and cognitive needs that affect children and young people’s development
• Excellent listening skills
• Ability to build strong, trusting relationships
• Resilience and ability to take regular responsibility for agreed learning
• Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities
• Use positive and personalised behaviour management strategies
We offer a competitive salary plus LGPS pension, great career progression and development opportunities with many other benefits. In addition, we can offer you:
• The support of our experienced team in developing your classroom practice
• A hardworking but caring environment where the children thrive
• Working with children who have a desire to learn and do well
• Providing you with the opportunity to work alongside other members of the school and academy trust staff
Applying for the job
Please visit our website to download and complete an Application Form. Once you have completed your Application Form please send to firstname.lastname@example.orgMore on how to apply
|School type||Free School|
|Education phase||Primary, Secondary, 16-19|
|School size||454 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Parkfield School website (opens in a new window)|
|Contact phone number||01202592530|
About Parkfield School
Parkfield Academy is an all-through (age 4 to 16) co-educational school offering a fresh approach and choice that allows pupils to discover learning, unlock their potential, find their place in their community and play their part in society.
Parkfield Academy offers a positive, safe learning environment for its community, in which everyone has equal and individual recognition and respect. We celebrate success and are committed to the continuous improvement and fulfilment of potential in every student regardless of their ability.
We encourage increasing independence and self-discipline amongst the students helping them to develop the skills that they need to become lifelong learners. Everyone within the school has an important role to play in sharing responsibility for the development of positive behaviour and attitudes.
Reach South is a young and developing Trust which operates across the South West of England with the aim of delivering all through 3-19 education. We operate 14 academies in Plymouth, Bournemouth, Dorset and Wiltshire. We are building this Trust on a clear set of values, behaviours and curriculum principles. At the heart of those values and principles is a belief in our young people and a determination to support them to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become the successful citizens for today and all of their tomorrows. Our vision is to enable individual academies to flourish with curriculum autonomy, within a consistent framework of a metacognition focused pedagogy. We are committed to collaboration with other schools, MATs, colleges, Local Authorities, employers and Government to bring the widest benefit to young people and our staff.
Our core business is delivering exceptional education for children and young people with a mission to help all pupils aspire to achieve beyond the expectations that others put on them. We do this through the development of a talented and committed work force. In order to deliver exceptional opportunities for learning, we need highly motivated staff across all parts of the organisation.
Hurn, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 6DF
Get a job alert for when similar jobs are listed