Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main scale 1-4 (£25,714 - £31,778)
Due to an increase in pupil numbers we are expanding our lovely little school to meet the demand for places. Therefore, a vacancy has arisen for a new Classteacher that we hope to place in our Early Years Class from September 2021.
This post would particularly suit a newly or recently qualified teacher as we have a very talented and experienced team of staff eager to share their expertise and support a new member of the team.
We are looking for:
• someone who is inspirational, creative and nurturing.
• a highly effective teacher who delivers consistently high quality learning experiences for
• someone who sets high standards for themselves and for all children
• someone who is able to create a stimulating learning environment that encourages
independence and inquisitiveness both indoors and outdoors
• a good communicator who can develop effective relationships with the staffing team,
parents and the wider community.
• someone who is energetic, committed and excited about their career
• someone who will uphold and promote our school ethos
• an interest or expertise in leading Physical Education or Art/DT in the future would be an
advantage but not essential.
What we can offer:
• Brilliantly behaved children with a thirst for learning;
• The support of two teaching assistants within your class
• A happy family atmosphere where Christian values are upheld, not only in worship and
Religious Education, but across the whole life of the school.
• Friendly, experienced and supportive staff team;
• Experienced and ambitious leaders who really care about the children and staffing team.
• Supportive parents who are keen to get involved in school life
• An idyllic setting with a modern building and great facilities.
• Support and guidance from our network of schools (TVCLT- Tame Valley Cooperative
St. Leonard’s C of E (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
The role is covered by part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Applying for the job
Applications should be sent via email to the school office addressed to our Headteacher- Mrs Catherine Young with an accompanying letter of no more than 2 sides of A4.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Church of England
103 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About St Leonard's CofE (A) Primary School
St. Leonard’s C of E (A) Primary School is a Church of England Aided School and Nursery situated in a picturesque rural location in the village of Wigginton, to the North of Tamworth.
It is a small, child-friendly school where everyone is committed to ensuring that all our children feel safe and valued so that they can learn and grow as individuals within our school family. Due to increased popularity and demand for places, from September 2021, there will be 5 classes: EYFS; Year 1; Year 2; Years 3&4; Years 5&6.
Our strong Christian ethos underpins everything we do and everyone associated with our school is committed to helping our children ‘Grow in Faith and Learning’.
Although we are a small school, we do BIG things and we love to get involved in lots of extra curricular activities both within our school and in the community. We also provide full wrap around care for children in our Ospreys before and After School Club from 7:45am until 5:00pm.
Our School vision:
Our vision is to be an outstanding church school, guided by God, where learning is irresistible, achievement is high and our pupils leave us as successful, independent learners, happy, confident individuals and caring, responsible citizens, excited by challenge, change and possibility.
What Our Parents say:
• ‘St. Leonard’s is an incredible school! I wish everyone’s child could grow up in such an
encouraging, kind and empowering environment’
• Fantastic school and teachers-all so enthusiastic!'
• ‘I think this school is fantastic and has gone from strength and strength under Mrs Young.
I have cherished every moment watching both of my children grow into amazing people at
• ‘The children are loved and cared for’
• ‘****** and ****** have come on immensely since starting this school. They are learning
not only English, Maths and other standard school subjects but also how to be good
people, kind and thoughtful’
• ‘Always really happy with everything’
• ‘So pleased with this school- couldn’t ask for more’
• ‘I would highly recommend this school to anyone. The teachers are a credit to the school’
What Ofsted says:
• The school has demonstrated strong practice and marked improvement in specific areas
which may indicate that the school has improved significantly overall
• Behaviour and conduct is of the highest standard.
• Strong stable staff team supported by highly effective governors.
• Children flourish and achieve extremely well academically
• The leadership of teaching is excellent
• Staff know the pupils extremely well
• Pupils have well developed, positive attitudes to learning and pupils are aspirational.
• School has strong spiritual, moral, social and cultural education
• Early Years Foundation stage has been transformed and Learning Journeys capture
extremely strong progress being made, especially the most able.
• Leaders at all levels make a strong contribution to the quality of teaching and learning.
Arranging a visit to St Leonard's CofE (A) Primary School
If you think you are interested in becoming part of the St. Leonard’s family and have the skills and attributes to join our team- we would love to meet you.
Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by emailing or calling the school office.
Tel- 01827 213995