Turnditch Church of England Primary School, Belper, Derbyshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
Looking for your next challenge? The Governors, staff, and children of our two Primary Schools are looking to appoint an inspirational Executive Headteacher who will inspire and lead our successful schools forward.
St Giles CE Matlock and Turnditch CE are two thriving, community primary schools located in the heart of North Derbyshire; we are part of the Derby Diocesan Academy Trust (www.ddat.org.uk). We have recently formed a collaboration to give us the scale to develop and further improve the outcomes for our children. Our schools are highly compatible: we are geographically close, of a similar size and have the same fundamental values. We strive to combine academic excellence with a wide curriculum. We have excellent teaching and support teams and the successful candidate can be reassured that they will be warmly welcomed by staff and governors. We have very good support from a team of DDAT professionals to help drive forward school improvement and operations. Importantly, we are blessed with strong parental support.
We are looking for a serving Headteacher or a highly experienced Senior Leader, who is eager for a new and stimulating challenge and relishes the opportunity to build this collaborative partnership between two great schools. You will be excited about operating in an environment where your ideas and enthusiasm will be channelled to making a real difference in leading and developing our two schools as well as having an impact across a vibrant and growing Multi-Academy Trust.
You are an enthusiastic and adaptable leader who:
• Offers all children equal access to all aspects of school life, where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted;
• Can establish good working relationships across our schools and provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share their expertise;
• Will uphold and promote our broad Christian ethos, ensuring that our values underpin everything within our schools;
• Offers a broad and balanced curriculum;
• Achieves through adventure and promotes outdoor learning.
In return we can offer you:
• Happy children who are eager to learn;
• Support from all stakeholders including dedicated governors, hardworking staff, committed parents and loyal wider local communities;
• A commitment to continued professional development and school improvement;
• A supportive Academy Trust;
• A happy learning environment where you can apply your ideas and skills to make a real difference.
Applying for the job
To apply for this role, please complete the DDAT application forms and return these, by the closing date, to HR@ddat.org.uk
- DDAT TEACHERS Application form June 2020.docx  0.05 MB
- DDAT TEACHING SUPPORT 2 Refs Monitoring Form June 2020.docx  0.04 MB
- SGM_TD Executive Head Teacher Person Specification.pdf  0.12 MB
- SGM_TD Executive Headteacher_JD.pdf  0.08 MB
- SGM_TD Info for Candidates.pdf  0.25 MB
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||86 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Turnditch Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Turnditch Church of England Primary School
We are two successful primary schools in North Derbyshire that are in the process of forming a collaboration. Both schools have circa mid-80s on roll and our numbers are expanding. We have separate Boards of Governors, are CoE schools and are part of the Derby Diocesan Academy Trust. We have a strong Church ethos. Both schools have been inspected recently by Ofsted and rated as Good: we aim to combine academic excellence with a wide curriculum. We have a strong community focus and both schools are fortunate to have excellent outdoor grounds which we look to fully exploit in the way we deliver our teaching. Although we are two distinct schools we view the collaboration as a way to develop synergies between each school. Keeping a strong local link with each of our communities is extremely important for us. Both Turnditch and St Giles have strong, active parental engagement and vibrant PTFAs. We have active and engaged governing bodies that help shape the strategic direction of each school and provide robust, proactive support to each respective Head. Each school prides itself in providing a nurturing and fully inclusive environment. The key goal for both schools is to provide the very best education for all our children both emotionally and academically, inclusive and devoid of bias.
Arranging a visit to Turnditch Church of England Primary School
Prior to interviews, we hope to be able to provide school visits if it is safe to do so.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jo Harris PA to Mark Mallender (DDAT CEO) on firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashbourne Road, Belper, Derbyshire, DE56 2LH