Finance & HR Officer
Stanton Vale School, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£20,190 to £22,019|
Hours: 37 hrs per week
Rate of pay: Grade 7 (Actual Salary £17,289 - £18,855) per annum
Responsible to: Business Manager
To provide effective administration support to the Business Manager and Head Teacher.
• To work to defined business standards and processes, performing a wide range of business support tasks with due regard to confidentiality and safeguarding.
• Perform a comprehensive range of high level complex administrative tasks, including complex or sensitive reports and correspondence, monitoring or reconciling budgets, producing complex financial reports and statements as required.
• Issue and maintenance of all staff contracts, DBS and medical checks, annual salary verification letters and maintenance of the personal database (Integris) and confidential files ensuring all contracts and salary scales are up to date and correctly entered on the personnel database.
• Maintenance of accurate personnel records including the single central record for the DBS and Barred List check
• Logging and reporting of staff absence on a daily basis
• Provide efficient, friendly and professional communication skills to support the smooth running of the school including face to face, telephone and email.
• To create, manage and manipulate information relating to finance, student or staffing information or any service requirement, including producing bespoke and complex reports.
• Administration and reconciliation of events, trips and excursions, including booking venues, arranging transport, issuing communications, compiling paperwork and recording and reconciliation all financial transactions.
• To follow financial processes in accordance with MAT Financial regulations, ensuring confidentiality and compliance with GDPR.
• Process purchase orders promptly ensuring they are correctly coded and in line with set budget.
• Undertake a range of financial support processes, including processing of purchase orders, ensuring accurate coding, resolving queries and issues, reporting, reconciling accounts and handling cash.
• Management of school meals including ensuring the accurate recording and reconciliation of school meals taken. Collect, receipt, record and bank all income in relation to school meals accounts and ParentPay including weekly and monthly reconciliation. Send reminders for arrears in accordance with School policy.
• To maintain and monitor the school’s attendance records and produce returns and report as necessary ensuring daily attendance is complete on database (Integris).
• Preparation and maintenance of manual and computerised pupil data records, ensuring pupil records on database (Integris) is accurate and up-to-date.
• To assist with the monitoring and maintenance of stock and order supplies as necessary.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date inventory or all the organisations resources.
• Participate with performance management and training and activities that contribute to personal and professional development.
• Actively promote and act at all times in accordance with the policies of the school e.g. Safeguarding, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities.
• Provide a high standard of customer service in all dealings internal and external to the school.
• Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Essential educational requirements
Good pass in English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
Relevant financial qualification such as AAT or similar (or working towards).
Essential skills and experience
Previous experience of working in busy administration offices.
Ability to create, interpret and present complex data accurately and confidently
Knowledge of financial processes and procedures i.e. budgeting, income and expenditure Previous working knowledge of Integris database or similar
Professional skills Strong ICT skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||84 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Stanton Vale School website (opens in a new window)|
Thoresby Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG10 3NP