This job expired on 19 February 2024 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2024
19 February 2024 at 12pm (midday)
1 February 2024
About Poole High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1859 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Poole High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01202 666988
Poole High School is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving families throughout the historic town of Poole. As the largest school in this selective catchment, we pride ourselves on the fact that all students thrive in this caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none.
At Poole High School, over three quarters (77%) of students achieved at least a grade four in both English and maths, with 51% achieving grade 5 or above in the two core subjects. Progress 8 in summer 2023 was 0.72 which places the school in the top 8% for progress nationally. In English specifically, 70% of our students achieved a grade 5 in English, whilst 85% achieved a grade 4.
Poole High School, as the largest school in our selective catchment, prides itself on the fact that all students thrive in a caring and collaborative environment. Our students are well motivated and co-operative, and the team spirit in this large school is second to none. As a values-driven school, our most important purpose is to teach our students things which they would not learn outside of school. We want our students to look back on their time at Poole High School as a place which gave them opportunities for the future and prepared them for the ups and downs of life – a school which valued, inspired, and empowered them.
We have high expectations of our staff, and in return we value them highly. Our systems ensure you can focus on teaching high quality lessons in a sustainable way – unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour. We are proud of our strong learning culture and that learning is sacrosanct in every classroom.
The school has delightful landscaped grounds and is very well resourced, being located at the heart of the town with excellent access by road and public transport. The quality of life in Poole is good and there is easy access to diverse range of cultural and scenic attractions.
What we offer:
• Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm-strict’ behaviour system
• Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and
• Opportunity to teach up to A Level
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous
• A centralised homework system at KS3 – you do not need to mark
• Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not
need to organise/chase at all)
• No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’
feedback, helping you to continuously develop
• Professional development that is continuous and based upon national
• A culture of engaged learners – leaving you free to teach high quality
• Comprehensive induction process with ongoing support from a
dedicated induction co-ordinator
• A school with the scale and structure to maximise opportunities and
Arranging a visit to Poole High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed