MPS or UPS plus TLR 2a £7,017 and a Recruitment and Retention Payment £5,000
To be a member of the leadership team in the English department
English is delivered across key stage 3 and key stage 4 by a team of six teachers.
The Head of Department will be expected to teach English and will have a key role within the English leadership team. The particular responsibilities of this part of the role will be a matter for discussion with the Principal depending on the specific strengths of the successful candidate. The Head of Department will, however, be expected:
• To take leadership responsibility for the English department
• To observe and advise members of staff on their teaching
• To play a role in performance management as a team leader
• To model excellent teaching and bring creative and innovative practice to the department
• To contribute towards the delivery of professional development for the department
• To mentor NQTs, RQTs and SCITT trainees in English.
Applying for the job
Application forms can be down loaded from the school’s website. Completed application forms should be returned FAO: The Principal or emailed to email@example.comMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.