Design and technology
Main Pay Scale
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers of D&T, who have a passion for their subject and for student success. You will be leading the Department responsible for design technology which includes food technology. This Department is well resourced and a popular choice at GCSE and A Level.
We would like someone who is:
• An outstanding teacher who leads by exemplary practice, which is founded on the belief that every child has the right to excel
• A person who is organised with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• A teacher who is committed to the wellbeing and academic progress of all children
• A person able to work in close partnership with the team of teachers at St Thomas More to develop themselves and our student’s gifts and talents to be the best they can be
We can offer you:
• Young people who behave well and want to learn and a committed staff who love their school
• Professional support with our CPD programme and as part of Assisi Catholic Trust we have access to wider opportunities across the Deanery and Diocese in a collaborative partnership with other schools and teachers to enhance your professional development
• Support and encouragement to continue with further research or study
• Personal support with our wellbeing programme and support structures
• Relocation assistance may be available
Applying for the job
Please see the school’s website for further details and an application form or telephone the school for details to be sent to you. Please return completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are a Catholic School but applications are equally welcome from non-Catholics who are fully supportive of our Catholic ethos.
Academy, Roman Catholic
1074 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About St Thomas More High School
We aim to develop the school’s community to provide a disciplined, caring and stable environment in which pupils can achieve their best and develop as confident young people, well prepared and fully equipped to make a positive contribution to the wider world as responsible citizens.
As a Catholic school we respect each pupil as a unique person with God given gifts, qualities and particular needs.
Arranging a visit to St Thomas More High School
Prospective candidates are warmly encouraged to contact the school to arrange a time to come and visit us for an informal discussion. Please contact James Hollingsworth, Teaching and Learning Director on 01702 344933 or email email@example.com to arrange a telephone conversation or a tour (with the school’s COVID-19 risk assessment measures in place).