At Katharine Lady Berkeley’s School, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and passionate Head of Drama to deliver high quality lessons while coordinating and leading our successful Drama Department.
This full-time permanent post will commence on 1st September 2024 with a TLR 2b allowance, currently £5,349 per annum.
The successful candidate will have:
- a passion for education;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- the ability to inspire and motivate others;
- the ability to be effective as a leader and as a member of a team;
- a clear understanding of the nature of and how to promote effective learning in drama;
- a track record of successful student outcomes across the key stages;
- a commitment to comprehensive education and supporting every child to achieve high standards;
- energy, resilience, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
We are a large comprehensive school of over 1500 students with 265 in the Sixth Form. KLB is a high performing school and sits at the heart of the local community with extensive links to the surrounding area. The school is within easy commuting distance of Bristol and Gloucester being just 10 minutes from Junction 14 of the M5.
The school is part of the School Rebuilding Programme. In our case, it is a partial rebuild and will include the replacement of both our languages and DT blocks. For full details, please see our website.
We are committed to providing high quality professional development and the opportunities to develop leadership skills and experience through our CPD programme.
For further details, please see the attached information for applicants about the Drama Department. For a wider appreciation of the school, please see the school website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointment will be subject to satisfactory full enhanced DBS and barred list, prohibition order, identity and qualifications checks.
This job post has expired.