|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £33,069 to £48,069|
Head of Faculty: Modern Foreign Languages
MPS/UPS + TLR 1a (£8069)
Full time, permanent contract from September 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a collaborative, supportive and happy Faculty. Are you an excellent teacher with the highest expectations for your students and colleagues? Are you driven by sharing your passion for Modern Foreign Languages and ensuring students reach their potential? If so then we would love to hear from you.
Please read on to find out more information about Crispin and how to apply for the role. In addition, for a more comprehensive insight into Crispin and the role itself, including Job Description, Personal Specification, Letter from the Headteacher and an overview of Modern Languages at the school, please download the Applicant Information Pack below.
Crispin is a friendly, inclusive and highly successful school of 1060 students. It is rated as ‘good’ in all areas and many strengths were highlighted in our most recent Ofsted report (October 2017). Students at Crispin achieve excellent examination results and the school has a strong reputation. We are committed to educating the whole child to ensure they enter adulthood as happy, supported young people with a love for learning. We are looking for a committed and inspirational Head of Faculty: Modern Foreign Languages to lead our highly successful team. We would be delighted for you to visit Crispin or for you to have the opportunity to discuss the post prior to an application. If you wish to do either please contact the Headteacher’s PA by email at HeadsPA@crispinschool.co.uk .
Closing date for this post: 10:00 on Monday 24 February 2020.
To apply for this role simply click on the quick apply button on TES.com and complete the online application form. Your supporting statement / letter (of no more than two sides) should outline your skills and experience and how you meet the person specification.
Crispin is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post requires a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure. The successful applicant will therefore be subject to an Enhanced DBS.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement of the role.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in French or Spanish or a related subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• To be fully committed to change and able to adopt and promote a forward thinking and innovative approach to improvement
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Ability to teach French or Spanish to GCSE Grade 9
• Ability to develop an excellent Modern Foreign Languages curriculum
• Ability to inspire and liaise with colleagues across the school to promote the Department
• Able to demonstrate excellent classroom management
• Clear commitment to excellent assessment and feedback
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to relate extremely well to students, colleagues and parents / carers and demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to use ICT to support learning
• Ability to engage, inspire and foster a love of Languages
• Strong vision for excellence in Modern Foreign Languages
• Successful involvement in enrichment activities in Languages
TLR 1a (£8069)More on how to apply
|School size||1061 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Crispin School Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Crispin School Academy
Church Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0AD