Head of History
This job expired on 19 March 2023
Start date details
September 2023, or earlier for the right candidate
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
1 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Historyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,817 - £44,302
Plus TLR 2b (£5,071 per annum)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Be a qualified teacher and Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to your subject
- Be able to deliver consistently good or outstanding practice
- To implement and support all Academy policies.
- To collaborate with other leaders and managers in raising standards within the curriculum to Good and Outstanding including all student groups.
- To raise standards of teaching, learning and progress to ensure all subject staff deliver and all students receive Good and Outstanding lessons.
- To coach and mentor subject staff to raise standards in learning and progress to be Good and Outstanding.
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for your subject
- Be able to motivate their pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
What the school offers its staff
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation, you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Plympton Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1096 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Plympton Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
At Plympton Academy we believe in inspiring a culture of success for all, including our staff. We have a strong culture of staff development and support - high quality CPD, based on research and evidenced best practice, which is prioritised and supported through a tailored coaching programme. We work collaboratively with the best schools locally and nationally so that all teachers continue to thrive and engage in the latest teaching developments and practice. We prioritise good behaviour and strong pastoral support so that learning is disruption-free, teachers can teach and students’ can focus. As a result, we are incredibly proud of our students and staff who love the challenge of learning, are equipped to achieve their dreams and take pride in their success.
Arranging a visit to Plympton Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Plymouth and Devon, Plymouth and Torbay