- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Fixed term (Initial 2 year contract, with review after two years.)
- Leadership Scale Outer London Range: L16-L20 (£64,514-£70,713)
Head of School job summary
Head of School
Required from 1st September 2022 for a full-time post, fixed for and initial 2-year period.
Salary Range: Leadership Scale Outer London Range: L16-L20
The Governors of St Mary’s School, working in a partnership with another Church of England Primary School, is looking for an experienced and inspiring leader and practitioner with the ability to sustain expert teaching and provision that meets the needs of all pupils, while further enhancing the school’s Christian ethos.
The life of the school is underpinned by our Christian Ethos
and rooted in our Christian Vision
‘Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and all people’
St Mary’s vision is to become a community where children develop a life-long love of learning, characterised by educational excellence, supportive relationships and Christian values, which enables every child and adult child to flourish mentally, physically, spiritually and socially and fulfil their God-given potential, in a welcoming, safe and inclusive Christian environment.
As an innovative school with strong Christian vision, we want to appoint a Head of School who can work collaboratively with all stakeholders to continue moving the school forward, while we implement our vision to work with other schools.
The Head of School will have successful leadership experience, coupled with strong interpersonal skills needed to be an effective leader. We want the Head of School to lead on ensuring that high quality education and care is in place for all children and to focus on further improving academic achievement and personal development.
As Head of School you will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operational function with direct line management responsibilities of SEN, Nursery and some support staff. You will report directly to the Executive Headteacher and will work with them to ensure operations are working in line with the School Improvement Plan and compliance requirements.
The post is initially for two years, to mirror the initial partnership arrangement with our partner school. Our drive is to secure a partnership beyond those two years.
Applicants must meet and evidence the following criteria (please also see the Job Description and Person Specification):
• The drive and experience to embed and enhance the school’s strong Christian ethos and provision
• Relevant teaching qualification with proven experience as a Senior Leader at Deputy Headteacher, Head of School or Headteacher level
• Have previously held responsibility in a curriculum and pastoral oversight capacity
• Dynamic leadership skills with previous experience of leading and developing a team
• Proven experience as an outstanding teacher
The ideal candidates will:
• Demonstrate an aspiring outlook on outcomes for our pupils
• Possess the ability to motivate, inspire and support our skilled team of staff
• Have a commitment to working collaboratively and in partnership with parents, staff, children, outside agencies and our partner school
• Have proven experience of impacting positively on pupil progress, raising attainment and developing excellence to ensure the attainment gap is closed.
• Lead by example and be passionate about constantly driving improvement with flair and imagination
If you would like to discuss the details of the vacancy further with Stefan Roos, the Interim Executive Headteacher, you are warmly welcomed to do so. Application packs are available from and returnable to the school office via email. This pack will include an application form, so please do not use the Barnet application form or CVs. For application forms and relevant information relating to this position please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0208 343 0866. The relevant forms are also attached to this advertisement.
For more information about the school, please visit our website at http://www.stmarysfinchley.co.uk
Closing Date: Thursday 19th May 2022 at 9am
Shortlisting: Friday 20th May 2022 at 2pm
Interviews: Tuesday 24th May 2022 all day
St Mary’s CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring service check along with other relevant employment checks
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.