Head of Year
5 days remaining to apply
Job start date
17 April 2023
26 March 2023 at 11:59pm
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 37 Hours per week
- Fixed term - Until 31 August 2023
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
Can you provide support and guidance to our students and their families?
We are seeking a strong pastoral leader to join our Heads of Year team on a fixed term contract until 31.08.23, to be responsible for the care of the young people within a specified year group. If you have experience in working with young people and their families from a diverse range of backgrounds and are passionate about well-being and mental health, this is the role for you.
This is an important role securing a complementary service to teachers and other pastoral staff, addressing the needs of students that require support to overcome barriers that impact on their learning both inside and outside of school.
- Be the safeguarding lead for a year group and ensure good communication between families, other professionals, and the school
- Rigorously monitor the attendance and behaviour of the students to ensure a school-based action plan is in place to support the most vulnerable
- Develop the social, emotional and academic wellbeing of students in collaboration with external agencies
We are looking for a pastoral leader who is highly organised, resilient, and compassionate.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Qualifications relating to mental health, wellbeing or child development
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of and competence against the 9 domains of the Professional Capability Framework at social work level
- The ability to develop and establish effective, collaborative partnerships and networks to promote appropriate information sharing
Please refer to the job description and person specification for more information.
What the school offers its staff
The St Leonards Academy
Here at The St Leonards Academy, we have a clear vision of what creates successful learners. And we know how to implement it. Our students are enthusiastic about learning because we make sure we supply excellent teaching and exceptional pastoral care.
As well as focussing on academic achievement we are equally committed to the improvement of our students' character through the promotion of our five virtues of kindness, respect, honesty, resilience and self-discipline.
They have opportunities galore to develop these virtues through our personal development curriculum and our enrichment programme that offers everything from rock-climbing to formal debating. Above all, they take pride in themselves, their school, and their learning.
We truly value the experience, dedication, and commitment of all our employees and believe in the power of motivated and happy staff. This is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can, by offering a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits. These include:
- Automatic annual pay increments
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
- A strong commitment to your health & wellbeing including; onsite Wellbeing Champions, designated Mental Health Ambassadors, flexible working opportunities from Day 1, and Employee Assistance programme
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Our salaries are aligned to the Real Living Wage, ensuring all our support staff are paid a minimum of £10.90 per hour.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The St Leonards Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1467 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The St Leonards Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01424 448740
Arranging a visit to The St Leonards Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Lower High Street, Wadhurst, East Sussex, TN5 6AZ
The St Leonards Academy
Edinburgh Campus,, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN38 8HH
Assistant Curriculum Leader for PE
Park Avenue, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2XR
Haven Way, Newhaven, BN9 9TD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in East Sussex, Brighton and Hove