- Job role
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L18 - L24A - starting salary negotiable depending on experience
Here at Glade Hill we SPARKLE – do you?
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and inspirational leader to follow in the
footsteps of our retiring Head Teacher.
Respectful and supportive relationships are at the heart of all that we do.
The pupils, parents, staff and Governors of Glade Hill Primary & Nursery School are looking to appoint a motivated and inspirational leader, who will continue to build upon our achievements and embrace the challenges of the future following the retirement of the current Head.
Located in Bestwood Park in the City of Nottingham, we are a locally maintained, open and inclusive school, rated good by Ofsted (Feb 2017) which will have completed the transition to two form entry in September 2022.
We are proud to provide a nurturing, safe and vibrant environment that adopts a love of learning and enables every child to become the best they can be. We are here to support our children to learn the skills they need to become successful. Our motto is SPARKLE, we are self-motivated, polite, ambitious, resilient, kind and caring, learners and enthusiastic. We want our children to be fully equipped to move on with their educational journey. Respectful and supportive relationships are at the heart of all that we do: we value every member of the school community equally.
We are looking for a Head Teacher who:
• Is passionate about teaching and learning – believing in the potential of every child and putting their well-being and development at the heart of every decision.
• Understands the importance of an aspirational and challenging curriculum in improving outcomes for pupils.
• Recognises the progress and achievements that the school has already made and is innovative and creative in developing a clear vision.
• Has a strong commitment to the principles of inclusion, equality of opportunity & diversity
• Demonstrates care for the school community’s well-being and recognises and supports both the professional development and the work life balance of all school staff
• Can build and maintain strong positive relationships within the whole of Glade Hill’s wider community
Our school can offer you:
• Amazing children to work with
• A warm, purposeful and happy environment
• A loyal and hardworking team of staff focused on continuous improvement
• A committed, proactive and experienced Governing Body
• A supportive local family of schools and strong links with Nottingham Schools Trust
• A commitment to your professional development and personal well-being.
If you are a dynamic and motivated leader and share our commitments,
we would love to hear from you.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 365 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Glade Hill Primary & Nursery School
Glade Hill School is a thriving Primary & Nursery School on the outskirts of the City.
As an expanding school, we have benefitted from a £1.8m investment from Nottingham City Council and our brand new KS2 four classroom expansion is now being used by our Upper KS2 classes
We are in the process of moving to two-form entry throughout the school and currently we have two forms in all year groups except Year 6. This means currently we are a 390 place school (moving to 420 maximum capacity in Sept 2022) with a 60 part-time place Nursery. Our families are predominantly white British and approximately 40% of our children attract Pupil Premium funding.
Located slightly to the north of the city on the border with Nottinghamshire County Council, we are a City Council school which serves a deprived area of the city but also attracts pupils from across the County border. We have become increasingly diverse over the past few years and we now have approximately 13% of children with EAL.
We are well known within the City as a highly inclusive school, with 26% of our pupils receiving support with SEND. 20 pupils receive additional top-up funding, 10 of these have a current EHCP. We currently have two dedicated Nurture support rooms where most of these pupils spend their school day receiving dedicated support for their individual needs.
We have a high proportion of children eligible for Free School Meals, currently 35.8%, which is well above the national average. Most of these pupils also attract Pupil Premium Funding and we are currently in the process of identifying those pupils that require further catch-up support to utilise the new School-Led Tutoring fund allocation.
Arranging a visit to Glade Hill Primary & Nursery School
Visits to the school are highly encouraged and warmly welcomed prior to application. Please contact the School Business Manager, Pam Coward, on 0115 9150298 or via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to book a tour.
Pam Coward can also put you in touch with our Chair of Governors, Rupert Boddington, if you have any further queries or questions.
Dates for tours: any time on Tues 2, Weds 3, Thurs 4 & Fri 5 November
afternoon of Tues 9 & Weds 10, any time on Thurs 11 & Fri 12 November