- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Group 3 L15-21
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
Children and Young People’s Services
Broom Valley Community School
Salary: Group 3 L15-21
Number on roll: 390 including FS1
Age Range: 3-11
Required for: September 2022
The children, staff and Governing Board of Broom Valley Community School seek to appoint an experienced leader who is an inspirational educator. We are looking for an exceptional, motivated and supportive leader to become the new Headteacher of Broom Valley Community School. We are extremely proud of our school, open to new and creative ideas and believe in the potential of every child in our care.
The successful candidate will share our passion and dedication for the Broom Valley Community; someone who is a motivated, dynamic leader with a passion for learning. Someone who can also demonstrate excellence and uphold our vision – We Dare to Dream Big.
If you are a successful, experienced leader with a proven track record looking for your next step or an existing Headteacher ready for new challenge we would be delighted to hear from you.
What we can offer you:
• A welcoming, safe, happy learning environment where everyone is respected and listened to.
• A school where we take pride in ourselves and our achievements, enabling children to become confident and successful learners.
• An environment that you can work in partnership with children, governors, the local and wider community to encourage children to strive for excellence and aim high, laying the foundations for life-long learning.
• Children who have a love of learning.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Provide inspirational leadership and management that reflects the vision and values of the school with a child-centred approach.
• Demonstrate innovative and passionate leadership and management.
• Champion our inclusive environment and support all children to thrive and be successful.
• Embrace our commitment to providing a secure and enriching experience, where each child is encouraged to develop strong personal, academic, physical and creative skills
• Support, motivate and challenge our school team with energy, integrity and respect
• Lead the school in partnership with the community for the benefit of all.
• Have the skills to inspire and promote the highest quality of teaching and learning.
• Model best practice, with the knowledge, skills and expertise to develop and build on effective systems.
• Work collaboratively with all stakeholders of the school.
Please visit our website https://www.broomvalleycommunityschool.co.uk/ for further information about our fantastic school.
Closing Date: 26th January 2022 (Noon)
Shortlisting: 28th January 2022
Interview Dates: 3rd and 4th February 2022 (Provisional)
Broom Valley Community School is School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2021).
Applying for the job
Completed application forms should be returned to:
Download an application form - 306 KB
Lyndsey Moore, Clerk to the Governing Board.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 400 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
About Broom Valley Community School
At Broom Valley Community School we dare to dream big!
We aim to create a learning-centred school that nurtures the
talents of all its pupils, with all systems focused on meeting our
core purpose: to remove limits and inspire confident learners
who will go on to thrive in a world that is ever changing. In
order to achieve this, we will continue to develop a memorable
curriculum for long-term learning that challenges; ignites a joy
for learning and enables children to become successful and
independent learners for life. We will continue to provide a
healthy and happy school where everyone feels safe to learn.
We will strive to take our place at the heart of our local
community whilst embracing a broader global view. As a school
community, we will ensure that all learning and teaching is
informed by evidence. We will embrace the challenge of change
with enthusiasm and commitment. We will grow our
understanding of how we can affect the future of the world in
which we live. We will value kindness, respect, integrity and
Arranging a visit to Broom Valley Community School
All potential candidates are warmly invited to visit the school so you can see for yourself our positive learning ethos. Your visit may be arranged by calling Lyndsey Moore, Clerk to the Governing Board on 01709 828636.