- L7-L12 Depending on Experience
Headteacher job summary
Due to the retirement of our well respected and successful Head teacher, The Governors together with the Tilian Partnership multi-academy trust have a vacancy for a Headteacher at Gislingham Church of England Primary School.
Our ideal candidate will have experience of effective senior leadership showing an impact on whole school development. They will have a passion for promoting excellent primary education and be ready for a new challenge of Headship in a busy, friendly, forward looking and ambitious primary environment.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
● A commitment and drive to deliver an excellent primary education based upon the school’s Christian vision;
● How they will continue to develop the school to secure the best possible outcomes for pupils both academic and social;
● How they will develop leadership for learning within the school;
● The ability to positively engage and communicate effectively to develop staff professionally as they move into a new era for the school;
● How they will set and ensure high expectations, show good strategic development skills and deliver a challenging and engaging curriculum;
● A track record of, and commitment to, engaging with parents and the wider community.
What our school can offer:
● The exciting opportunity to shape the next phase of the school’s development;
● Pupils who love learning, are keen to come to school and behave well;
● A very welcoming and engaged school community;
● A strong, dedicated staff team who are eager to provide the best learning opportunities for pupils;
● Coaching, mentoring and support through the MAT central team for school improvement and finance;
● Access to high quality induction and professional development;
● Modern and well maintained premises with a lovely outdoor environment;
● A school with a family ethos where all children are known and valued;
This is an excellent opportunity to lead a highly effective school, where you can really make a difference to the future of the children. If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience to be considered for this position, we would welcome hearing from you.
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact Andrew Berry, CEO of The Tilian Partnership on 01359 251378.
Gislingham Church of England Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding our pupils by promoting the welfare of children. We require all staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to enhanced DBS checks and further safeguarding checks as appropriate to the role.
Submitting an application
Please ensure that you complete all relevant information on the application form and email this to Mrs. Louise Bartrum; firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date stated below. Please note that covering letters are acceptable but CVs are not.
Closing date for applications: 16th May 2022
Interviews: Week beginning 23rd May 2022 (date to be confirmed)
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Gislingham Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 5 to 11
- School size
- 141 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
Gislingham CE Primary School is a very popular, rural school in the north of Suffolk. The school has a strong Christian vision and pupils receive a high standard of education. We are very proud to have a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which innovation and teamwork are key. There is a strong sense of belonging and pupils believe in themselves and flourish.
Our school is a very happy, purposeful and thriving learning community in which pupils are nurtured and supported with their emotional well-being alongside a focus on each child achieving their academic potential. Our curriculum is well-designed, broad and balanced and encourages creativity. It aims to widen horizons, has building independence at its core and there is the opportunity to further embed active learning.
Arranging a visit to Gislingham Church of England Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact our current Headteacher, Mrs Julie Welham on 01379 783283.